This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Moon and the stars

I have a question that's been on my mind for a while. Usualy when im walking to and from the somewhere at night, and the moon and the stars are out, i almost feel as if im closer to the goddess or some kind of deitie. Its a great feeling, it makes me happy and comfortable. Im wondering if i could get some clearence on what this is?
    Thank you in advance

Re: The Moon and the stars

Could be a number of deities, if that's what you're asking.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

The cosmos has been considered divine by all cultures, as far as I know. The sky itself has been personified as numerous gods and goddesses (the Egyptian Nut, for example), as has the moon (Selene, Artemis, Diana, Nanna). The stars are said to be ruled by the Greek Titans Astraeus and Asteria, the Tagalog goddess Tala, and the Egyptian Hathor, among others. In modern Wicca the Goddess is sometimes known as the Star Goddess, and I have seen references to the stars being ruled by the Sun-God, since stars are suns themselves.

If your path is nature-based, then it's natural (no pun intended) to feel a connection to the Divine when walking beneath the night sky. It literally places you directly in the humbling position of kneeling before the macrocosmos. You have identified your religion as Pagan, so no doubt one of your goals is to interweave your connection with your gods through your entire life and it sounds like you are open to that. Let the feeling in and talk to Her (Them? It?) when this feeling makes itself known to you. It sounds to me like the Divine, or some facet of it, is in fact touching your heart. It could be the Source of All Things, it could be a lunar goddess (I'm guessing goddess since you mention the Goddess in the OP). You'll figure it out.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Trejbal View Post
        I have a question that's been on my mind for a while. Usualy when im walking to and from the somewhere at night, and the moon and the stars are out, i almost feel as if im closer to the goddess or some kind of deitie. Its a great feeling, it makes me happy and comfortable. Im wondering if i could get some clearence on what this is?
        Thank you in advance
        I am the same way, I feel so much closer to the Goddess when I am under the night sky! It's a great feeling for me too.

Comment

Working...
        X