This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I Found A Necklace

Okay, so I was at the local flea market this last weekend. I found this beautiful necklace there. I just couldn't draw myself away from it. As I played around with it I realized that it was a perfume locket. Don't see them much anymore. It smelled like a mix of my great grandmother's avon collection and a perfume I owned as a kid that was sold as a magic wishing potion necklace. I had to have the necklace and paid only a $1 for it.

Sounds perfect, but the energy of it is a bit...well strange to say the least. When I wear it I am always aware of it and it isn't just because it is heavier than a normal necklace. It seems to have a very strong vibration when I put it on that is actually different than when I just hold it. No one else seems to notice anything strange about it and one of my friends is a major energy nut when it comes to magick. Also it seems the necklace has never truly been owned so it doesn't seem to be from a previous owner. I figured that out when I bought it in the original box for it (minus the lid) and the perfume locket part still had a small removable plastic covering on it since it had never been used. I'm not sure how old it is either.

The problem is I'm trying to come up with a way to cleanse it without messing up it's energies too much. I was drawn to it because of the energies and having it literally just feels right, but wearing it....well, its over powering. I can feel it taking over. It that makes any sense. I was thinking of hanging it in a tree during the next full moon to cleanse it but I was wondering what you guys think. Also, anyone ever have a situation like this before?

I found an etsy item that is identical to my locket only mine has red gems instead of blue. http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.250845350.jpg

Re: So I Found A Necklace

Usually when I find things like that, they end up going to someone else who seems to 'need' just that piece of jewelry or crystal or statue or whatever. It's kind of like the item is sending out a signal looking for its actual owner, and is hitching rides with various people until it can reach that person. If I try to keep things like that, because yanno, sometimes I want to keep things I buy - I end up losing them. They just disappear, and I never know what happened to them, or when/how/where I lost them. It sounds weird, but it's happened more times than I can fully remember. I've also had items that I've given as gifts make their way through a circle of people and end up coming back to me - the gift recipient seemed to think it didn't feel right for them, so instead of regifting the item to me (which would be rude I guess), they give it to someone else, who passes it along, etc.

One of the more notable items was a necklace I bought. It was a silver pentagram, with an old-fashioned witch on a broomstick on it. It was such a nice piece, handmade by a local artist. I used to look at that necklace, day after day, as it sat in this occult store for years. At the time, it was always just too expensive for me or anyone who knew me to give to me as a gift. Everyone else who looked at it figured I had put my mojo on it, because it didn't feel right for them, even people who didn't know me personally. One day, the shop owner decided to close up and move - and everything came waaaay down in price, including that necklace, so I bought it. I wore it pretty faithfully, too - until one day I met someone & it felt like someone was ringing a bell against my chest. I gave the necklace to her, and she wore it continuously... until she ran into someone else & had the same thing happen. That thing is still being passed around. It's been to Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Utah, I think even Pennsylvania - I don't know if it's ever going to find its 'forever home', but everyone always gets to hear about all the witches who've passed it down.

I'd probably try some pendulum-type exercises w/the locket you bought - see if it was meant for me or looking for someone else... and maybe ask it to tone its energy down a little bit. Cleansing never hurts, but I can understand not wanting to expose it to too many elements because of the perfume
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I honestly didn't think of this. I've had that happen a few times in my life too. I've given away many little items because after I purchased them I realized they weren't meant for me. It is very possible that could be the situation. I will pull out my pendulum to do some readings with the necklace...when I figure out where exactly I misplaced it. lol

Thanks for you input!

Comment

Perz.,I have had that happen a lot in my life. Over the years I have found some odd things. They seem in a way to find me,riding in a BART car(SF bay area subway kind of thing) a Marble came rolling up the car,and came right to me. I would keep them until I was strongly impressed that I should give them to someone. I still have a few things I keep in a special box,waiting for someone to come along that I will give them to.

The marble was made from some kind of stone I couldn't recognise..It was almost a marble Jewel..
        Last edited by anunitu; 15 Feb 2012, 16:34.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I am loving some of these replies about giving things away because you feel they aren't meant for you...especially the story of the pentacle. I do similar things, but sometimes I will have something, say a bracelet, and I won't just hand them to someone...I will secretly put it on the antenna of their car. I like little things like that to have some mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Perz.,I have had that happen a lot in my life. Over the years I have found some odd things. They seem in a way to find me,riding in a BART car(SF bay area subway kind of thing) a Marble came rolling up the car,and came right to me. I would keep them until I was strongly impressed that I should give them to someone. I still have a few things I keep in a special box,waiting for someone to come along that I will give them to.
            I do the same thing!! I love this. But I like to leave little presents secretly, like a bracelet on the antenna of a car.

Comment

Working...
            X