Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with a Familiar

Hi!

I was just looking for some advice really, if anyone can help?

Over the past few months i have realised that my dog has taken an intrest and active part in my magik. From simply placing himself in my circle whilst i'm meditating to other much more obvious participations. I have never consciously worked with him before as he is a husky and very much a free spirit on his own journey. However recently i feel he is asking me to work with him. I was just curious as to if there is any particular spells or rituals i could do with him?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Blessed be! x

Re: Working with a Familiar

I've had this with a few pets. Since I practice Reiki I figured it would be a decent place to start, albeit not ritual in the truest sense. When working with pets keep or don't use things that will cause fire or harm to the pet or yourself. When there are pets around they can knock over candles, rub up against candles or incense (had this happen with a pet ), amongst other things.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I did try Reiki with him and as soon as i put my hands over him he jumped awake looking a little startled. He let me do it for a while after the initial shock! ha. But i can't find any rituals in my books or anything. Had a few for cats but i feel the energy they participate with is very diffrent from my young husky!

Comment

From what I remember familiars just kinda help out in their own way. I say just try to make the working pet friendly.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Though I'm pretty new to the practicing occult, I've always believed in the concept of having a familiar and hadve had many. My current familiar is certainly my dog, but I had become very accustomed to cats before her. In strengthening our bond, though perhaps not in a traditionally ritualistic sense but my looser application of ritual, I do things she likes for her, and she really returns favors to me for my time spent on her. She loves to travel on foot, so we gain a huge amount of satisfaction from nature hikes together. I guess I consider dogs to have something of a Druidic and nomadic nature, also as the companions of bards. In this sense, I feel that this time spent traveling, particularly in their preferred terrain in terms of breed, or otherwise participating in your dog's favored activities, boosts perhaps not your spiritual energies but that of your familiar's. I think that through this consistent gesture of love, you can strengthen your bonds and perhaps negotiate between yourselves what sort of ritual would be mutually appropriate and beneficial to your respective spiritual needs.

This is merely my opinion from my experience. I will tell you, after maintaining a consistent routine to share with my puppy, I started knowing exactly what she was thinking or feeling at any given moment. Whether that is a deep, unconscious connection or the product of my being hyper familiar with her body language, I couldn't care less. I have a bond with my dog that I wouldn't trade for the world and am rewarded by daily.

Comment

Working...
          X