Lost in a sea of traditions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost in a sea of traditions!

I am a bit new to all of this and am trying to find a path to call my own. I have read about many traditions and I can't say that one path fits my belief system to a 't' so to speak but what I have figured out are my core beliefs. First and foremost I believe in energy and that everything has energy, I don't believe in gods and goddesses but I do believe in a male and female energy. I don't believe in karma ( other than the guilty feelings you bring upon yourself ) and I am not sure what I think about the afterlife I just know that there is one. I would like to practice elemental magic and don't feel the need be in a coven though the social aspect sounds appealing. The closet I have come to finding a path is what is called Traditional Witch Craft. But even this is a bit centered on English and Irish traditions and seems to be just something that has been passed down for generations.
    I know that the beauty of paganism is that I can be eclectic and practice whatever I like but for me I would like some direction so I feel centered and guided in my practice.
    I'n sure you get these posts a lot but can anyone make a suggestion as to which path would fit my beliefs?

Re: Lost in a sea of traditions!

I'll make the same suggestion I make to everyone else: don't worry about a name to your beliefs. If you find one, cool. If not, that's alright too. When one tries to put a name to it I've noticed it leads to certain "expectations" on the part of the believer rather than trying to shape their beliefs.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

We do get a lot of these posts, lol...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The trouble is that there is no established path that fits anyone to a T...the best advice I can give, if you feel you need an established tradtion, is to study the two or three that you find closest to your philosophy, or that stand out in your mind when you are reading about them, and start there. Aside from a few traditions, most Pagan paths are forge your own. If you are comfortable with that idea, but best advice I can give is this.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I was wanting to learn more about Traditional Witchcraft and Green Craft, any book suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X