Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you worship and communicate with gods? (no skeptical questions here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you worship and communicate with gods? (no skeptical questions here)

How have you grown into this? How do you communicate with the gods? Just curious about your experiences and what let you into it.

Re: How do you worship and communicate with gods? (no skeptical questions here)

I light a specific candle for a specific entity at my altar and ask them to speak to me. That's really it. If I'm trying to work with a new entity, I will try to do things specifically for them (like make a set of prayer beads or set up an offering bowl or buy flowers for them), and just keep trying to communicate.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I ask and then talk to them. Generally they respond unless they have some issue with me. If a new one finds me through some research or study, I mediate on him or her and he or she is there. Sometimes I burn incense or light candles if they want it, but generally they tell me pretty clearly what they want. Though sometimes that clarity is less clear than I'd have wanted.

Comment

I pray and meditate. I usually ask for guidance or strength. However I don't know if I would call this "communication" because I do not expect a verbal reply or even necessarily a physical reply. Sometimes I feel maybe the prayer or the meditation will put me in the right mind set for whatever I wish to accomplish. So is it the act of prayer and meditation that helped me? Or is it the God/dess him/herself? Who knows? I like to believe both.
        sigpic

Comment

ask and then talk to them. Generally they respond unless they have some issue with me. If a new one finds me through some research or study, I mediate on him or her and he or she is there. Sometimes I burn incense or light candles if they want it, but generally they tell me pretty clearly what they want.

I respect your beliefs and i'm not here to criticize but i find it strange this can happen. I can understand try to embrace the aura of the god based on the cultural, and deeper representational characteristics that link to offerings that have blessed you, greater general knowledge, virtues, self-mediating rituals, etc.. that revolve more around nature, social ethics, or magick(or whatever) but how do you create a little voice in your head that represents him as a literal being that can give and take through conversation and determine things etc...?

When you say this do you mean you have an issue with self opening up to a new gods?

I personally see it that icons are tool to represent different elements that exist in life.

How does this work for you? Please explain
          Last edited by greenhead; 12 May 2012, 22:23.

Comment

I just talk to "it" (I like to believe that The Great Spirit transcends gender) the way I would anyone else. I don't need anything special, I just speak from my heart and open myself to TGS. If I feel like doing something more reverent then I make a little prayer sachet and then sew a feather onto it and put it in the wind with my offering so that every time the wind blows, my prayer whispers into it.

I encourage you to try whatever feels the most natural. Your gods will hear you if you want them to.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I work. I play. I have sex. I eat. I revel. I clean.
              I make the divine part of my every day experience. I think that that is the best way to become truly intimate with whatever entity you are trying to reach.
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
              X