Nighmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighmares

ok so yeah here i am up at 3:30 again due to a nightmare... my mind conjures the most horrific things i never thought i was capable of....
    and so I can only compair it to dufonce but he NEVER has a nightmare... and I get AT LEAST one a week. more if i'm stressed....
    and we think daniel woke up from one a few weeks ago... i really hope its not hereditary..

anyway we bought the mats to make dreamcatchers...

any other suggestions please????????
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: Nighmares

I have panic issues because I'm so afraid of the dark and night terrors sometimes. I get where I'm awake but nightmare like images keep playing through my head and I can't move to get out of bed or even reach a light near a bed even though I know I'm awake and nothing is really there rationally. Sometimes I can't even roll over. I do have a medication for it, some anxiety thing that I take only when I feel a panic attack coming on. But mostly that's only if I have to go to bed alone.

I've found that outside medication, in those situations deep breathing and visualization help. Seriously, even if you know nothing real is there rationally, just chanting in your head "I reject you, go away" sort of things may give you enough self-control to get past it... Hell, I've even chanted "I accept this, it's a part of me, it can't hurt me" sort of things. And I actively visualize good things before I go to sleep at night. Friends, get-togethers, rainbows, etc. Sometimes I get really bad images that try to interfer, but I fight them off until I actually fall asleep. And the last time I had a *really* bad night was two years ago or so.

If you can go the visualization path rather than medication, I would suggest it. I finally gave up on all but the anxiety/panic attack stuff because it wasn't really helping take care of my tiredness issues and may have been making it worse. Looking back on the last year, up until I went off the stuff, it's all kinda fuzzy and I feel that being on the meds I was on may have jeapordized my education because it was "fogging up my brain" I never felt awake...

Idk, I hope that helps.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It's important to make a distinction between nightmares (bad dreams) night terrors (that are bad dreams usually ending up with you screaming and waking yourself up) and the Nightmare (where you feel something is trying to suffocate/strangle you.

There are slightly different remedies for each one. But basically cleansing, sealing the aura and trying to ensure you're not too stressed are all the main bases.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

i have found that a bath with lavendar oil before bed will relax you does help with nightmares. (one of our friends suffers with them and that is the only way she can stop them) Also i have found that having a stone under my pillow can grant me better dreams, i use Lapis Lazuli myself, but it depends on the characteristics of the stones and how they feel for you.

M
        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

I still get dreams with zombies and demons and stuff every now and then... just usually im destroying them...
          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

lol love but you've never consifered them nightmares..... you LIKE those dreams
            "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

I had a nightmare last night. I had a dream that I met Tom Waits and he wasn't friendly to me.

Ok, seriously. I mean, I DID really have that dream last night (liar told me his last name was Parkinson. "Like the disease?" "Yes, Dark, like the disease.&quot but that's not actually helpful. ;D

I used to have nightmares and night fear; interestingly, what helped was the suggestion from a friend who knows me way too well to visualize vampires guarding the house (I was about 13 at the time and vampire-CRAZY). Interview with a Vampire made me feel safe.

I'm not sure I can help. Let me try again.

One way I dealt with it when I was very young was to pretend I was the Queen of Darkness and Demons. I was their master and nothing in the dark could hurt me. That one still works pretty well when I need it!

I don't think any of that is helpful, is it?

If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone - my problem currently is dealing with zombie dreams. I'm TERRIFIED of zombies and sometimes I wake up furiously planning my get away and panicking, thinking, "What do I do if my neighbors are infected? How will I protect my family? Will Dark protect ME? How will I save the baby?" It sounds ridiculous but there have been times when I've already got the covers thrown off, ready to make a dash to the nearest makeshift weapon.

The only thing that fixes it is to wake up and occupy my mind with TV or Internet, unfortunately.

Comment

its ironic. my nightmare the other night had vampires in it. infact 2 of the twilight vampires. it was nie beginning. thats how they all start. but there were 3 other vampires that i didnt like they broight in this woman with tattoos on her back they used this machine/monster to do horrible things. i closed my eyes but i can still hear her screams in my mind....

Comment

you.. my wife... are weird...

also.... told you Twilight was evil.

love you.
                  "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I find lighting some incense as I'm falling asleep helps.. no particular scent, just something you find calming and relaxing.. lavender is usually a big favorite

Comment

I had a similar pomblem when I was youger. I always had nightmares of people or what looked almost like people. I thought up good things to protect me( one was a phonix and another was like midas on magic steroids) I thought them up for years, even when I dreamed they showed up to chase away the bad stuff.
                      It was weird sometimes like they could think on their own and showed up in dreams to protect me even though I couldn't have thought of them. There was one particular series of dreams where they showed up and the bad stuff like destroyed them(It was like they turned to dust) the bad stuff came back I slept with the light on for a long time, it kept it away.
                      Looking back I don't think they were nightmares,more like real spirits. While my imaginary protecters were things I made real,not imageinary. I've read it can happen. Create protecters or really anything useing power and imageination.
                      Off topic I've done this awake creating "imageinary" things(never the ones that went away in the dream they wouldn't form correctly) to do varous things-help the plants grow, hurt this person ect. And it worked(usually). When they finished their project or I didn't give them commands and energy they faded.
                      Not sure if any of this helps though. Good luck
                      Circe

Comment

Actually, something that has helped me is to have a plan. There's a specific scenario that scares me - Dark not responding to a zombie coming through the bedroom door, which would probably kill us all - and so we made plans to prevent it from happening.

I'm a part of the Zombie Preparedness Initiative now and it turns out that some confidence really helped me eliminate my fear. Now that I am prepared for Z-Day, I'm not so worried about the walking dead anymore.

Comment

It helped me a lot to train myself to lucid dream. I've always been able to do it to an extent but the ability tends to come and go. When it goes and I want it back, I start paying more attention to what I dreamed every night. Dream journals help with that. When you're more aware, you're more aware of your dreams while they're happening and you can figure out your dreaming and control them better.

If that fails, I always find that when things are just too scary for reality, it can't possibly be real and I just "die" in the dream. It's not true that if you die in a dream you die in real life, otherwise I've died like a billion times. You just wake up or switch dreams. Most recently I dreamed that zombies took over the earth and nothing I could do would change the dream, so I jumped in front of a car and woke up. Sounds gruesome, but you don't really feel it and it's not so scary when you realize it's all fake and you're just going to wake up.

Comment

Working...
                          X