Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought forms

hey all

so, i read something about thought forms, but is their someone who knows a bit more of them? i know it's a "being" you made from your own energy who you give a task but how excectly do you create them? are their any dangers or things you should know about it,... like that

thx
    Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Re: thought forms

The danger -

If you make one, you will have put your energy into, which means that it will always be a part of you. But since you've given it autonomy to act independent of yourself, it will not be entirely under your control. If you make a nasty one, in order to harm or frighten somebody, it will eventually return to you, like a psychotic kitten to it's mother. And they are had to get rid of.

To make one -

You will have to visualize the thing that you are making, in complete detail, right down to the fungus growing on it's toenails. When you are able to hold the image complete, all at one time, in your mind, you will have to give it life by sending life out of yourself into it. When you can do this, you will feel the life force leaving your body through your belly. I have no idea how to explain how to do this, but, if you get the visualization right, doing that part should follow without too much trouble.

Expect to spend several years learning to do the visualization (five years is the usual number given).

My personal opinion is that whatever you want to use the thought form for can be done quicker and easier another way.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=524.msg7215#msg7215 date=1288181421]
      The danger -

If you make one, you will have put your energy into, which means that it will always be a part of you. But since you've given it autonomy to act independent of yourself, it will not be entirely under your control. If you make a nasty one, in order to harm or frighten somebody, it will eventually return to you, like a psychotic kitten to it's mother. And they are had to get rid of.

To make one -

You will have to visualize the thing that you are making, in complete detail, right down to the fungus growing on it's toenails. When you are able to hold the image complete, all at one time, in your mind, you will have to give it life by sending life out of yourself into it. When you can do this, you will feel the life force leaving your body through your belly. I have no idea how to explain how to do this, but, if you get the visualization right, doing that part should follow without too much trouble.
      [/quote]

Thx Corbin nah won't use it to harm someone. just usefull to know ;D
      someone else who knows more about it?
      Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

I've created them by accedent for years.when I do create them on purose they are indisinct shadows they work perfectly fine though.they fade if I don't feed them.have no regard for their own survival only to please me.
        The ones on accednt are almost always distint. Some are good do things the purposely made ones do others are my nightmares brought to life. Destroying a thought form of your design(especially a well made one)can be difficult.
        Circe

Comment

Thought Forms

Oh good! There is already a conversation going on about this topic. I stumbled across the concept as a side conversation in Tylluan Penry's post regarding Teaching Magic to Teenagers. I hope she does not mind that I'm going to quote some of what she said in that thread here in this one so that I may pose some of the questions I had on the topic (and relate them to some of the things that have already been said here.)

On a personal note, my curiosity in this subject stems from a habit I've had since childhood of visualizing very clearly either entities or less frequently surroundings, and wishing these to perform a specific role. This began in my pre-teens and generally the things I imagined most often performed a protective role at this time in my life. As I grew older I wrote this behavior off as a stress/escapist response to a difficult home situation, but even now I still do it. I'm somewhat sheepish about it, sure, but it's just a part of me and I regularly visualize helpers and 'friends.'

Additionally, it's one of those things I do that, well, works better than it should. Functions I want performed are performed, roles I visualize as filled are filled. It's hard to explain, but I've recently started to explore the things I do that seem to have a greater potency or effect upon my life than seems logical, especially if these habits or practices were something I picked up when I was a girl. I have begun to suspect that some of it might be magical in nature. This is why this subject interests me so much, because I think it is possible it might be one of those situations.

Ok, onward!

Question 1: Energy

Relevant Quote from the Teenager Board:

Thought forms - a type of imaginary friend - normally linger round for only as long as the originating thought is active. However, there are exceptions to this, the main one being when they meet up with something called 'elemental essence' which helps to give them a form. Basically, in order to create a 'proper' thoughtform (and this isn't the only method, just the one I use) you need thought + emotion + elemental essence. It's perfectly possible to make a guardian thought form (which is was I think you are describing here) and set it up on guard for quite a long time.
          Reading both this description from Tylluan Penry and the response above by B. de Corbin, I am left with questions about the role of personal energy in the role of creating a thought form. For instance, if an individual "accidentally" creates a thought form and does not intentionally provide another energy source for the form, do you believe that the form necessarily draws from the creator? Are there other potential sources an unwary creator might be using without their knowledge beside elemental essence? I am also curious about the exact nature of elemental essence.

Question 2: To what degree can or does a thought form usually acquire sentience?

Branching out of Tylluan Penry's advice,
          The only thing I would advise is to set up a cut-off date for your thought forms because sometimes they can get a bit out of hand otherwise. You can always renew the date if you need to.
          I was wondering what that might imply about a thought forms self awareness. This might very well be one of those wholly unanswerable questions, but my affection for some of what may (or may not) be thought forms leaves me wondering if the ability to "get out of hand" might indicate a tendency for the thought forms to gain free will. If this is so, and you create then using a kind of "expiration date", what happens to that self awareness? It is like, a cease in existence, or is it like... releasing them? I suppose this kind of leads to the ancillary question of "where do they come from".

Question 3: The relationship between thought forms and other preexisting entities.

This one is kind of "just for fun" but I think it's an interesting line of thought to follow and wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

If one were to create a thought form patterned after an existing creature, and that thought form eventually acquired enough permanence to linger, is it possible it could become that creature? Is it possible that shared visualizations of the ethereal forms at work around us even created some of these creatures entirely?

For instance, I recently began thinking of the role of house spirits in my life (and, er, house.) The more I engage with the subject the more I begin to feel that there is something to it. Now, one explanation (and perhaps the most logical) is that there really IS a brownie/hobgoblin/kobold and that offering or interacting with it makes its presence far more clear, just like talking to your neighbor makes them more real to you instead of just vague impressions of the noises they make or the things they have sitting outside of their home.

But, is it possible that a desire for a being to perform a function (i.e. the ones usually performed by a household spirit that is reasonably well appeased and maintained) could manifest itself in a thought form by someone who routinely visualizes entities? If that is the case and someone has visualized and brought into being a thought form of a house spirit, what relationship does that thought form have to ones that may have existed independent of any individual human mind?

Comment

Working...
          X