Pagan campus life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan campus life

I find being oncampus to really interfere with my practices. Between the lack of peace and privacy, the obviously man made environment, limited transportation and university restrictions and of course schoolwork, it's not exactly a very spiritually nurturing environment.
    Just curious about general tips about keeping in touch with your path during college- any grads or current college folk or anyone else with any insight? I don't need anything specific, just wondering about folks' experiences in this situation. Stories, tips, etc. anyone?

selume proferre

Re: Pagan campus life

Meditation is a great way, weather it's just on the walk to class or laying in bed watching TV. It will help you feel at peace and it is a great way to pray to the Lord and Lady. I practice mediation as much as I can, more than I do spells.
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Meditation is always good.

Check your campus directory--there may be a pagan discussion group on campus or a pagan religious organization. The one here takes occasional field trips to go camping on the weekends or to pagan pride events, etc.

See if there is a nature trail or something like that on campus. Or find a local park. Go for walks. Even if it just gets you out of the dorms for a little while, it will help.
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
        Meditation is always good.

Check your campus directory--there may be a pagan discussion group on campus or a pagan religious organization. The one here takes occasional field trips to go camping on the weekends or to pagan pride events, etc.

See if there is a nature trail or something like that on campus. Or find a local park. Go for walks. Even if it just gets you out of the dorms for a little while, it will help.
        Right outside my dorm (which, along with its two brothers, are not so affectionately dubbed "the shoe boxes", to give you an idea of my living arrangements ;P ) I have a really nice green- they sort of set up a little grove of trees and there are some stone benches that are really nice. I've been lying out there and watching the sunset all summer. It's relaxing until frat boys want to play Ultimate Frisbee. XD but late at night I sometimes go out and lie on this little hill and watch the sky a bit.
        We don't have any pagan groups or anything on campus- at least, none that are listed in the club directory. Which might be a good thing because the pagans I know on campus aren't the best folks to be around. I would ideally like to find some open circle or something in town. But it's really surprising how limited that kind of thing is here. Most folks wouldn't associate this area with a lack of pagans. XD I do know that the shop I sometimes get books and other paraphernalia from has a few events once in a while that I might check out though.
        Otherwise, we have a gorgeous spot on a river nearby that I've been to once and a little island off the coast but buses don't go that way so I get there when I can with a friend with a car. Which is less peaceful than it is fun, and fun isn't bad, but you know. I'd like to get out there on my own once in a while but it's tricky.
        I'm not really too concerned because I find peace in weird ways, you know? We had a ridiculous storm and flooding last night and I sat in my room with my window wide open (perhaps not the brightest idea) and just listened and played my guitar a bit.
        But yeah I'm rambling.

selume proferre

Comment

Working...
        X