Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the hunt for books.

Hey folks.
    I'd rather use a book than an internet site for this because I really don't like having to use my phone when doing spells and it's also just inefficient!
    I was wondering if there are any encyclopedia-esque books folks would suggest that list herbs, crystals, etc and their magical uses. Cunningham had a section like that in one of his books but I'd like a book that serves just as a source for that. Anyone have any recommendations?

selume proferre

Re: On the hunt for books.

The encyclopeidda of magickal ingredients written by Lexa Rosean is an amazing book. It has all kinda of things you would use in spells, what things to use for certain spells and some of the entrys suggest spells to do. The back of the book has tables of things to use for Luck, Happiness, ect. I love it and use it all the time.
    Check out my blog, it's a good way to stay entertained if you get bored.
    http://fallenangeli.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
      I was wondering if there are any encyclopedia-esque books folks would suggest that list herbs, crystals, etc and their magical uses. Cunningham had a section like that in one of his books but I'd like a book that serves just as a source for that.
      Cunningham wrote several encyclopedia type books as well, so you might like to look into those if you like his other books. There is The Complete Book of Oils, Incense, and Brews, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, and Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
        Cunningham wrote several encyclopedia type books as well, so you might like to look into those if you like his other books. There is The Complete Book of Oils, Incense, and Brews, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic, Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, and Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen.
        Ooh, thats great, I read two of his books and loved them, I'll look into those!

Originally posted by Ementine View Post
        The encyclopeidda of magickal ingredients written by Lexa Rosean is an amazing book. It has all kinda of things you would use in spells, what things to use for certain spells and some of the entrys suggest spells to do. The back of the book has tables of things to use for Luck, Happiness, ect. I love it and use it all the time.
        Hmm i'll check this one out too. I like to write my own spells but suggestions aren't a bad thing.

I'm also considering doing what I did when I was a wee witchling (lol back in the day, oh, seven years ago) and copying down stuff from sites into my notebook but I'm leery of this as I like to know the original sources of these things and don't trust the internet haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually found a site that cites Cunningham as their source so I'm going to copy that info down.
        Writing it out helps me retain the information better anyhow. Might be tricky with my messed up wrist though. xP
        Last edited by orchestrion; 10 Jul 2012, 13:39.

selume proferre

Comment

Working...
        X