Where to begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to begin?

I know this question pops up a lot but I am having trouble focusing on a path. I have tried and tried to pretend like this path isn't calling me but I keep getting weird signs everyday to the point where I am finally listening but my problem is I have no clue where to begin. I know that my path isn't Wiccan ( not to offend but it's just not my belief system ) but other than that I just know that I don't believe in a god and goddess but mostly myself and spirit guides. I also believe that everything has energy so I think elemental work would be best for me.
    I just feel the need to start learning and doing and feeling what is calling me.

I would like to know if anyone else feels this way, lost but found at the same time?

Re: Where to begin?

I think you should talk to Tylluan Penry- mrs penry is wonderful and insightful and also follows her own solitary path and I think a solitary, individual focus is what you're getting at. I'm pretty happily a Wiccan witch myself so I don't have much insight but I hope you find your way! (Also you probably dont have to specify non-wiccan- plenty of non-wiccan witches here!)

selume proferre

Comment

I feel exactly what youre feeling. lost but found. its very complicated isnt it?

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Is Tylluan a member on this forum? And I think I do consider myself a solitary, which can sometimes be hard when you want to share the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
          Thanks for the replies! Is Tylluan a member on this forum? And I think I do consider myself a solitary, which can sometimes be hard when you want to share the experience.
          Yes, she is a member. And yes, being solitary is hard... But the reward is being able to do exactly what you want in your religious life. I personally think it's worth it. I have Pagan friends, but I don't belong to any groups.

Comment

Thanks, I sent her a PM with a few questions. Hope that was ok

Comment

Thanks, I sent her a PM with a few questions. Hope that was ok
              I'm positive she'll be happy to help

Comment

I also feel this way. I have tried other things, calling to deities and making altars etc. However, I just cant seem to find something that's comfortable for me. I love the idea of paganism, and all that comes with it. I'm sure coming to this site and being open to new ideas will help guide me

Comment

I started with no idea what to do and did things like a general altar, spell work, mediation, grounding and centering and reading about all the different paths. I eventually got here. It's taken four years. It doesn't have to be fast.

Comment

You are right, for some reason I keep thinking that I have to learn things right away but it doesn't have to be like that. I believe that my path will unfold over time. For now I am just dipping my toes in to see how it feels The other night I was feeling very floaty and emotional so randomly I decided to draw the earth symbol near my foot with a sharpie to keep me grounded. Just randomly thought to do that and I believe that it did help me to not float away.

Comment

The other night I was feeling very floaty and emotional so randomly I decided to draw the earth symbol near my foot with a sharpie to keep me grounded. Just randomly thought to do that and I believe that it did help me to not float away.
                      It's little things like this which make your path individual and personal to you the more you explore through life the clearer it will become

Comment

Working...
                      X