jewelry crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jewelry crafting

It seems odd to me that none started this thread yet ... I am sure I am not tthe only one that can make a pair of earrings or a necklace ... What do you like to make them out of? ... Stone, crystal, Swarovski, glass, sterling? ... If I remember right (ha ha ha ) someone here made beautiful brasswork and copperwork heat treated to bring out colors and sold on one of those auction consignment sites ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: jewelry crafting

Corbin does the brass work!

I have tried to do jewelry but I lack the patience it takes to be crafty LOL

Comment

I thought it was him ... but at my age ... ummmm ... what was i saying? ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

You're not that old, old pharte - I'm only three years younger...

What was I going to say again...?

Oh yeah! Did you ever get that metal clay to play with?
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Nope ... Got sidetracked with stones, swarovski crystals and sterling ... Now dabbling in chain maille ... I call it chain link tho ... not the big maille fabric peices ...

Comment

I do a bit of beading, and have had a little play with wire. These days I only generally do it when I've got an outfit that needs some jewellery to go with it as I have far, far too much jewellery already. Not that that will stop me acquiring more!
            You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

Too much jewelry? ... Then ya need to go shopping for more outfits ...

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg8409#msg8409 date=1288478089]
                [/quote]

totally agree! there is no such thing as too much jewelery!

I wish I could make it, but i cannot. I am a knitter, crocheter and x-stitcher....stick to what you're good at!
                What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg8409#msg8409 date=1288478089]
                  [/quote]Don't implant those thoughts Majus - I don't have enough space for the clothes I have now!

Comment

Too bad no one lives around me ... I gave anyone who came in the store today 10% off their entire purchase if they were in costume ... Did I mention I work in the 2nd largest bead shop west of the Mississippi? ...

Comment

Hmm that might be a bit far to go for beads, however lovely!

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg8673#msg8673 date=1288575098]
                        Too bad no one lives around me ... I gave anyone who came in the store today 10% off their entire purchase if they were in costume ... Did I mention I work in the 2nd largest bead shop west of the Mississippi? ...
                        [/quote]

Do you sell on line? I'd really prefer to buy from somebody I know...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

But if you want something email us your questions ... Better that way ... Until spring when we can get to the website ... It is a bit of a snafu right about now ...

beadshop2010@yahoo.com

Comment

Hmm... Jewelry... I think i might give it a try and make one- piece wooden amulet for necklace... I think i might do it with all the school problems i have. Also i might get mybe more inspiration for my arts...
                            sigpic

Comment

Sometimes just the making of something is better therapy than the finished item itself ...

Comment

Working...
                              X