Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music!

Musicians united!
    I noticed there wasn't a music category on here yet so here we go!

I play the guitar and sing occasionally. I'm not too great but every day I grow a little more.
    I tend to play covers of fairly mainstream music but I've recently started writing my own music.
    I'm not sure if it's possible to post recordings but if I get the chance I'd love to.
    What about yourself though?
    Do you play an instrument, sing, hum competitively? Let us know where your musical talents bring you

Re: Music!

I'm a big Hip Hop/ rap fan. I've noticed this genre isn't too popular on most pagan forums lol. I like to write my own raps sometimes, but I've never recorded anything.

Comment

Blues musician here!
      Got playing experience with the Saxophone and Bass. Much better with saxophone, but..eh.

Also a huge metal fan.

Comment

hahah, I live for music! really, without music, it wouldn't be worth living.
        I play guitar and flute. I'm best at the flute, cuz I've played it since i was 7, so I'm pretty good. But I love playing guitar too, 'cause with a guitar I can go crazy with country-rock (which is my favorite music genre)
        I also have an okay singing voice (nothing special, but not bad... kinda standard)

well, that was a little about my musical site
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Hi!
          I'm a musician too: I play the guitar and sing since I was 8. I also write lyrics and music for my songs that are celtic, folk and country ones.
          I grew up with rock: the first bands I listened to were the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, the Offspring and Nickelback; then AC\DC, Metallica, SOAD, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden and so on...
          Unfortunately, I don't have any records on youtube for you... But when I'll record something, be sure I'll show you
          Blessings

Comment

Originally posted by Light of Yule View Post
            Hi!
            I'm a musician too: I play the guitar and sing since I was 8. I also write lyrics and music for my songs that are celtic, folk and country ones.
            I grew up with rock: the first bands I listened to were the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, the Offspring and Nickelback; then AC\DC, Metallica, SOAD, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden and so on...
            Unfortunately, I don't have any records on youtube for you... But when I'll record something, be sure I'll show you
            Blessings
            Nice!! I also like playing guitar!

Comment

I'm a big advocate for music in my house. Music is always playing. Some people have the TV going constantly whereas I literally have music going 24/7. I'm a big fan of all types of music so it really depends on the occasion as to what's playing. It could be children's music during the day (which happens a lot during summer months) or, when it's just me I like to listen to things like Enya, Celtic music, Relaxing Piano pieces, things that inspire and relax me.

I also enjoy country, rock, alternative, and a bit of pop to name a few.

We also have a variety of instruments in the house. I have a Djembe and my son has a much smaller one from when he was barely a year old. He's now upgraded to a full on kid sized drum kit. We used to have two guitars but, that's a long story. My little one also used to have a piano but he prefers the drums.

I sing a bit but nothing fantastic.
              I see LOVE where others see only WEEDS

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
                Nice!! I also like playing guitar!
                Wow that's great!

Comment

I play acoustic guitar, I sing and I write also. Music is very central to me, and I find that I am at my most spiritual when I am with music. I love to listen to Christian music, it really touches me and is so heartfelt. I don't think I'll ever walk away from Christ as my teacher, but if I did I think I would still listen to Christian music. At the moment, I find myself listening to a lot of John Foreman's work (lead singer/creative force behind Switchfoot) as he has a new take on a lot of old truths.
                  With songwriting, I usually can only write 1-2 good ones a year. The rest are half songs that somehow don't get done. I've been writing one song for seven years now. It will be epic when completed!!
                  When I am writing a song, I am just playing my guitar and singing sounds along with it until I can 'hear' the song in the atmosphere, then I try to listen to it and let it write itself. Usually, I get the song top to bottom and the skeleton takes about 10-15 min, then I can fill and perfect.
                  I read the book 'Mists of Avalon' and was enthralled with Kevin's gift. I know he is just a fictional character, but I do believe music has the ability to open a person like nothing else. It is my hope to minister to others through song.
                  'You See' is probably the song I am most proud of. If you'd like to hear it, you can visit myspace.com/kelliehansenacoustic
                  I usually do acoustic guitar driven pop music. this week though, I finished a cover of Slipknott's Vermillion pt. 2 as a gift for a friend. The song is very specail to us. It can be modified for a female voice quite easily, however it does sound somewhat different to the original as I do not play metal. I just cannot hear that voicing. It is still recognisable though, so if you are keen to hear it, let me know. Is there anywhere to post our work on the forum?
                  Last edited by Azvanna; 17 Aug 2012, 23:02.

Comment

Another musician here! I listen to pretty much anything except electronic stuff
                    - I play bass in a hard rock/metal band, as well as basic rhythm guitar
                    - write lyrics and compositions with forementioned band and on my own
                    - volunteer as a music director for a local choir singing old 20th century tunes
                    - record other musicians in various settings as a hobby and mix tracks

If I could get paid to do it for a living, I'd never work again...

Comment

Originally posted by Elysium View Post
                      If I could get paid to do it for a living, I'd never work again...
                      Musicians' ultimate dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Light of Yule View Post
                        Wow that's great!
                        yeah...

Comment

Anyone else in this thread experienced with recording? I'd love to discuss techniques - been recording a pianist on a baby grand and it's not, quite, as good as I hoped...

Comment

If I had unlimited funds my house would have just about every type of musical instrument possible in it just for playing around. I won't pretend I have any notable talent, but it's just fun. Right now I have a keyboard, guitar (both), dulcimer, violin, and xylophone. I sing well enough that folks like to hear it, so generally the strategy is to sing loud enough that the guitar playing isn't the focus of their attention. My neighbor is attempting to teach me better guitar skills, and he plays like an angel, but I'm sort of lazy and stuck in my ways. Keyboard has been hit and miss as the arthritis flares. I've been playing since age 11 but right now just typing hurts. (No tears, it's my life and I'm pretty good at it.) So the dulcimer works well when flaring since it's diatonic -- can always use the bar, strum and sing. I never was any good on the violin -- learned viola when I was a kid and just wanted the thing -- $25. I probably spend as much time tuning it as playing it when I pull it out every few years. I'd like a harp, a banjo, and a mandolin. Used to have a Ukelele and it was a kick until my kid broke it. Have a recorder and fife -- yes, a fife, and I can play Yankee Doodle on it. Um, don't wait for the recording. hehe

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                            X