Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The morrigans prophecies translated

A must read if youre interested in the morrigan \m/

These are genuine translations from Middle and Old Irish into English by a pagan whos a native speaker and has an understanding of the languages symbolism, signs and wordstock on top of a genuine MA in the language from a world class university. Its rare that anyone tries to translate roscs and this is probably the first time a pagan has done it with the morrigans prophecies.

Re: The morrigans prophecies translated

That's the same author that did the Encountering the morrigan podcast right? That you posted before? I think I have to just follow the blog now because there is some insightful stuff on it. and I like that he is translating the stuff, I think I've mentioned before that I'm absolutely moronic with languages, so I appreciate the access to things. Also, James, you are an abundance of information and I do thank you indeed.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      That's the same author that did the Encountering the morrigan podcast right? That you posted before? I think I have to just follow the blog now because there is some insightful stuff on it. and I like that he is translating the stuff, I think I've mentioned before that I'm absolutely moronic with languages, so I appreciate the access to things. Also, James, you are an abundance of information and I do thank you indeed.
      Youre welcome Maria It is the same authors, both are women tho and Isolde the one doing the translations is blind. Imagine learning O Ir. and M Ir. through braille

Comment

I have a hard enough time with the one language I do know, and I see fairly well with my glasses on. To do it blind though is absolutely amazing, and horribly impressive. I have subscribed and will just start watching it now, I love knowing things and people like that are out there, doing amazing things.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The language that it reads in definitely seems rather... archaic, yet it somehow seems to have encapsulated great wisdom in it. At least that's the impression I got from it. I think it will be worth a few more reads.

Comment

Thanks James - shall check the link out later!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

it is a translation for old irish text, which is archaic in itself :P but the people who posted this have a few very insightful things to say on the subject of translations and the texts in general, and they update quite often, anyone who likes an Irish Celtic pantheon would do well to read their translations and follow some of their scources.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
              X