Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I'm new to all this, wasn't sure where to ask this question...honoring nature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm new to all this, wasn't sure where to ask this question...honoring nature?

How do you guys honor nature? as in nature spirits and the animals and plants~? Without knowing anything, I usually just hike about and in my mind, thank the woods for letting me be there and being hospitable. I hope I don't sound cheesy here...When I see an animal I always feel as if it's a gift and I just try to be very respectful of them. But I also want to thank whatever spirts are around my garden as it was amazingly productive this year providing lots for my freezer and the table...what is the best way to do this?

Re: Since I'm new to all this, wasn't sure where to ask this question...honoring natu

Anything that makes you feel like you're giving back to them will do. Some people might plant a tree or a garden and tend to it well - perhaps you might chant or pray while you fertilize the ground and water your plants. Some people might bury a few coins and then give to charity. You might set out a bowl of sweetened milk for the faerie folk if you believe in such things. Setting out bird feeders and a bird bath is also a nice idea. As long as you feel reverent while you're doing it, that's all that matters.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Re: Since I'm new to all this, wasn't sure where to ask this question...honoring natu

Best way to honor nature?

I can think of a few things. 1.) Reduce wasteful consumption of your resources. 2.) Treat your fellow creatures with decency and dignity. 3.) Leave offerings to the various otherworldly critters that may live in your area as a token of appreciation. 4.) Don't throw crap that doesn't rot and breakdown quickly all over the place. 5.) Help clean up your neighborhood so that it doesn't look and feel like a cesspit that even leeches wouldn't associate with 6.) Recycle your metals, turn your paper goods into rich compost, ease down on the plastics, find more sustainable ways of getting stuff done *which ties right back into my first suggestion* 6.) Talk to your greenery like it's sentient, not like they're dumb children, and pay them honor in your workings and rites.

Granted, those are just my suggestions.

Comment

Working...
      X