It hit me like a brick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hit me like a brick.

I was just nosing around the forums and someone posted a link somewhere and of course out of curiosity I just had to check it out as I was not sure of the meaning. There are lots of new words and names for things I'd never heard of so I had to find out what it meant. I started reading the information I found following the link and I was flabbergasted. It sounded exactly like a page out of me, my own life book. Now I know a path I want to follow, and doing more investigation, it is something I think I would do really well at since I have quite a few of the skills and beliefs already that are mentioned in this path(foraging, herbs, growing, knowing the creatures, the inability to survive living in city/town, feeling as if everything is alive and with a soul and feeling as if I had a real connection to them, and feeling as if I am half out and half in this world most of the time)...and then it brought a bit of joy to my heart to realize that there really IS magic in the world, and that everything I had been feeling and had been adamit about previously is actually true...:^^:
    I actually laughed out loud I was so happy and I ran to my mate and told him all about it and showed him and he agreed, it sounded JUST LIKE ME>>> And he has no problems with me following along that line of study (since I basically do it anyway haha)

And now I know you all are laughing at me and I don't give a hoot. It does my heart good to realizse, hey, i'm not tottally a crack pot after all.

I guess my next step would be to really refine some things, like learning to meditate and all that. I'm glad to see there are no real and hard fast rules to it either. I had not concidered wica because of all the ritual and coven stuff which I don't think I could of ever felt comfortable doing.

So, here is that link (I forgot who posted it) but here it is anyway.

Just thought I'd share, this is pretty exciting for me. It was like a NO DUH moment.

Re: It hit me like a brick.

Originally posted by SCoyote View Post
    So, here is that link (I forgot who posted it) but here it is anyway.
    http://walkingthehedge.net/wildgeekh...s-a-hedgewitch
    That was me, glad it helped you. If you're not sure about, or really interested in the spirit journeying aspects of hedgecraft, you might want to look into green witchcraft. Many of the things you mentioned are shared between the two (foraging, herbalism, animal lore, etc.), depends on if that aspect speaks to you or not.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Then I have you to thank for this revelation to me. It's had my head spinnning so much, I dreamt of tornadoes last night hahahaha. So thank you so much.

I guess I will get some more reading material and investigate further and take one step at a time though I think I have a pretty good grasp on "wortcunning" already considering my dear husband is once again complaining about eating weeds for dinner . But of course, always more room for learning. It's a passion of mine (Knowing the plants) since I was a day old just about.

So I guess I am a "beginning pagan" now...who would of ever thought? lol
      Last edited by SCoyote; 05 Sep 2012, 12:48.

Comment

There's one bit of advice I give everyone starting out in paganism, and that's to write things down. (You may even already be doing this, but just in case...) Write down things you study, things you read/hear that you agree or disagree with (and why), experiences you have as you go along (big or small, even if you're unsure about them), just random ideas and thoughts, goals, etc. Date everything, too. Some people suggest writing several pages a day, but I find even just a line or two when something has caught your eye can be enough. It can be really helpful to look back on your progress, what you were interested in at a certain point in time, what happened and when... not only to see your personal growth, but sometimes to look back and see particular patterns, or things like that, which might be helpful to you at some point.
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

This is a common path,at least in my personal experience. When a certain path "Speaks" to you on a very deep level. You might spend a lot of time looking and checking out many paths,and then it just hits you as you said like a brick. I love this aspect because then you "KNOW" it is the path for you.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Gardenia did something similar to me as well, I asked a question and found out that the answer almost described what I already do to just about a T. I almost felt my head explode realizing that words already existed to describe what I do, there is ALWAYS more learning to do, but to know where you stand or to be thinking on just that different level is absolutely breathtaking.

I think I have to say, "Thank you Gardenia for being awesome!"
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                I think I have to say, "Thank you Gardenia for being awesome!"
                Thanks! :dummy: I've found this place is great for the whole "OH now I get it..." thing, there's lots of knowledgeable people here giving different views on all sorts of topics.
                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
                X