Walking With Your Deity Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking With Your Deity Project

I'm afraid I don't know who to credit this project to - although I saved the link to the post years ago when it was posted, it's obviously not functional, and I don't have the name of the user who posted it originally! I believe it's completely intact and unchanged, however.

Walking With Your God

Resource ListAbout Your GodCrafting and Creating
    Outward Focus/Sharing knowledge
    Ritual and Celebration

Re: Walking With Your Deity Project

Yay so happy this is here, Geeze I've done a lot of this but never thought of some of the other stuff, now I get to dig back through journals of notes! This could be so much fun!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

This is great, though is this something I do the homework on and then post back here, or just keep for my own collection?

Comment

If I remember correctly, I think some people were posting bits of their research. I have done a large chunk of this projects, although there are more parts I'd missed than I realised, so I've work to do yet. I can tell you that when you're done, there is WAY too much to post it all here. Still, things like useful websites, myths and festivals, are worth sharing as they might help others who are researching the same deities.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Like Jembru, I have most of the project completed, but it's definitely way too much to post in a thread! I thought about posting mine on my other blog and posting a link, though. Or just posting my favorite/most important parts.

Comment

thank you for starting this thread Raphaeline!
            so it is okay just to post bits of the research each time??
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I'm thinking of taking on this project and researching Cernunnos. Seeing as his original myths were either not recorded or were lost it'll take some digging. Not quite sure how to ensure that all of the information I find is accurate, as there seem to be certain misconceptions regarding the Horned God archetype (e.g., that the Horned God is a solar deity), but I'm sure it can be done.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I think thats a great idea Clive. You should put stuff up on a blog too so other people who havent done the research can benefit from it. Itd help neopaganism as a whole imo.

Comment

I love this whole plan!
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                  X