Perspective on an incident with blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perspective on an incident with blood

Please forgive the length but I assume the details are important to getting a clear answer. Also, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. It seemed like the right category.

My husband was raised pagan but is agnostic. I was raised Catholic and am now a pluralist. We had a pagan wedding. We've been married for 12 years.

A few weeks ago my husband was spending time with a young woman without my knowledge. He had just met her 3 days before and says they got along easily. He says he felt some mentor/paternal feelings toward her. During this visit, she mentioned that she wanted to become a professional body piercer/modifier. She noticed some scars from cuts on his upper left arm (that he had done months before during a fit of artistic mania; he's an artist) and he asked her if she wanted to try cutting him. He handed her a razor blade.

His intention was solely to have her make a small cut on his arm to see what it was like. According to him, she didn't hesitate at all... she took the razor blade and cut his arm deeply and then licked the blood from his arm, looking up at him with blood on her mouth.

He says that seeing the blood seemed to trigger something in her and that is what made her consume it.

He had no intention of her consuming his blood. They didn't discuss the situation afterward, so he doesn't know what her intention was in consuming it.

So the question is, did this incident mean anything? Is she bound to him somehow now? Is he bound to her somehow? Since there was no intention to bind themselves to one another, does that mean no binding occurred?

Thanks in advance for reading this and for your thoughts.

Re: Perspective on an incident with blood

I would not worry about any sort of magical binding, it isn't going to happen if there is no intent, not really. I would be slightly more worried about some of the more mundane implications to be perfectly honest. I don't know you and your husband, but it sounds like he needs to find this girl's intentions. She could just be a little more open than expected or she may be thinking along more specific lines, eigther way if it made eigther of you uncomfortable I would look into setting mundane boundaries.
    To really get to your question though, while it would be a very signifigant act, to consume someone elses blood, without the intent of binding by eigther party binding is pretty unlikely to occur...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Then again, she may have just been pretending to be a vampire.

If your bloke is into pain, I would suggest stapling him to the nearest chair until he sorts himself out. It'll do wonders for his art. ;-)
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

If she's that willing to put someone's blood in her mouth (especially if they just met not long before) I would be highly suspicious about her mental health. Not to mention, she could have a serious disease from doing this stuff. Who knows with how many other people she's already done this with.

I'd be extremely cautious about their spending time together.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with what's been said so far, just wanted to add one thing (which kind of piggy-backs on earlier posts). Mentor/paternal feelings that occur that quickly are something to keep an eye out for. There is the possibility that they have some kind of chemistry, and if there's an age difference your husband may be calling it paternal for a lack of a better term for it (if he doesn't think, or want to think, it''s more than that). I'm not saying this is the situation, but depending on the age of the girl... some scenarios are more likely than others.

Secondly, if she has no understanding of boundaries (or just no respect for them), big big red flag for anything else she and your husband start talking about. I would just try to avoid giving her any really personal information, and... maybe take precautions about the blood-bourne pathogen risk.

Comment

Oh my husband is well aware that this relationship and situation are highly inappropriate, especially considering their age differences (she is well into adulthood, but he's considerably older). Trust me, I am on high alert and this has caused a major rift between us. But it is comforting to know that they're not bound in some magical way (because it's very hard not to feel like some sort of bonding happened between them based on the circumstances, ya know?). She has definitely shown that she is not mentally balanced and has no respect for the boundaries of our marriage.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded. This was a really important element to both of us for working on getting past this violation of our agreed-upon relationship. I am deeply grateful.

Comment

Sometimes it helps simply to know you have a few allies to bolster your thoughts. I hope you move past this quickly and painlessly.

Comment

This whole thing seems like a difficult situation, and i definitely hope everything works out for the best for you neamhni.
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                X