Looking for a teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a teacher

Hello. My name is Ben. I am posting this topic in hope of finding someone who can help me on my spiritual path. I am 16 years old, and started studying "paganism" 3 years ago. I was so stupid though, and studied for the wrong reason; to have "fun" astral projecting. However, one thing led to another and now I am serious about learning. I am a Christian, but believe in "magick", you could say. I have never astral projected, but I have lucid dreamed. So far I have studied the works of Carlos Casteneda, and all that I could gather from the internet and books.I am interested in learning about the "fearies", and other elementals. I am also interested in learning to communicate with trees. I love taking a walk in the forest. And recently, whenever I take my walk, I look at nature in a different way. Its a strange, and magical feeling. I am simply looking for someone who can help me. I do not like learning from internet articles, because there is so much fake information. If you have any expirience with the fearies, then please let me know. Thank you very much!
    Ben

Re: Looking for a teacher

I don't know that anybody here is looking for an apprentice, so, if you don't hear from anybody, just post whatever questions, thoughts, or ideas that you have, and you will be sure to get a variety of opinions, advice, and weird responses....

(p.s. I really like Carlos Castenada... at least I did until he went off the high dive into shallow water. Still, his early books are very good, IMHO)
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

B. corbin. Thank you for your reply! I will be sure to ask questions.
      The man who recomended castenedas books to me said that carlos was an idiot, and that its his teachers I should pay attention to. After reading a little about carlos's later life, I understood

Comment

B.D is right, don't be affraid to ask questions, everyone on here is friendly enough and always willing to give opinions and advice
        I'm sure you will also learn alot just from reading through the various threads on the forum,
        I wish you all the best in exploring whatever path that unfolds infront of you

Comment

Originally posted by tseringdolma View Post
          B.D is right, don't be affraid to ask questions, everyone on here is friendly enough and always willing to give opinions and advice
          I'm sure you will also learn alot just from reading through the various threads on the forum,
          I wish you all the best in exploring whatever path that unfolds infront of you
          ^This.

Well, I'm sure we're many out there who surely will ask some questions. I will, at least
          ~ flowers are our only garments
          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I delved into Carlos Castenada when much younger,and truth be told,if he had had a better promoter he might have ended up being just like Hubberd(L.Ron) he did have a good story line,and their might have been a founder of a new religion in his future if not for wrong moves.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

thank you everyone for your replies!

Comment

Corbin said it well. PF may not provide a teacher but we will normally answer questions. Interaction hastens insanity after all.

On that note, welcome to PF and be advised that by posting here you agree to hold the membership blameless in the inevitable loss of you sanity.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X