Blessing, new or old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blessing, new or old?

I normally don't post anything in this section as I tend to get my tail feathers shot off. But this popped into my head late last night and I would appreciate your knowledge and input on this blessing.

May your life be filled with the enthusiasm and wonder of a maiden.
    The patience and love of a mother.
    And the knowledge and wisdom of a crone.

I don't know if I came across this somewhere in my readings or if it is something new. If you've seen this somewhere or something like it please let me know what it is from so I can look it up and read about it's origin.
    Thank you all for any help and input with this in advance.

Also if this is not the correct place for this feel free to move it to the right one.

........Shields up!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Re: Blessing, new or old?

I've never seen it before, but it's beautiful, Monk.

Mostly art.

Comment

Seems like a sensible request to me, hope your tail feathers remain intact!

Sorry I can't help at the moment with its origins but I love it, can I use it? I'll try to find out where it comes from and if I find it I'll let you know.
      It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.
      Ram Dass.

Comment

I can see no reason why it couldn't be used, so please feel free to do so.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

It's beautiful, I've never heard it before but I will join you in your search.

Comment

I've never heard it eigther, and I am sad you feel as though you need a shield, wanna borrow mine?
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              I've never heard it eigther, and I am sad you feel as though you need a shield, wanna borrow mine?
              Thanks and sure.

It's kind of....I don't know unusual the way this came about. I had emailed someone and in their replay they ended with a short blessing of "Goddess bless". I felt kind of small because I didn't have one for them in my reply. Them within minuets this blessing came into head and for once I had the forethought to write it down then and there.

Comment

It reminds me a lot of the shortened phrase which goes:

Dance like the Maiden, laugh like the Mother and think like the Crone.

Could very well be someone who's altered it into a blessing, and a lovely one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by noa View Post
                  It reminds me a lot of the shortened phrase which goes:

Dance like the Maiden, laugh like the Mother and think like the Crone.

Could very well be someone who's altered it into a blessing, and a lovely one at that.
                  I don't recall seeing this before, but it is possible as I've read many books in the last forty years. Do you happen to know a book that might contain more information about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    I don't recall seeing this before, but it is possible as I've read many books in the last forty years. Do you happen to know a book that might contain more information about it?
                    Unfortunately, I don't. After some googling around, I've found a few pages that quote Amythyst Raine for this saying, but most times it doesn't state a source at all. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it; sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Comment

Working...
                    X