Traditional & Digital Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional & Digital Art

Hi guys, it's been quite some time since I actually posted anything of substance, so I'm reintroducing myself to the community!
    HI HOW ARE YOU? :P
    I haven't seen another thread in hobbies regarding art of the drawing/painting variety and decided to make one, maybe share of the pieces that I am most proud of and leave links to more, I look forward to seeing what others have come up with!

A little history:
    I've been drawing since I was very young, my sister being a huge inspiration, I started out by copying her style and the official art from games like Breath of Fire and whatnot and then as I grew older I ventured out into more realistic type drawings. I started portrait drawing in my early teens and it's still what I'm mostly known for. I started digital art about 4 years ago when I was 17, my sister was kind enough to let me use her old drawing tablet and when that broke, she purchased me a Wacom Bamboo tablet (which I am still using to this day :3)
    I can't say I'm COMPLETELY self taught, I owe credit to the many artists who post time lapse videos and WIP pictures that help me analyse their style of drawing. I use that information to help myself grow ^^

Here is a drawing of an original character of mine, he is a Harpy Prince and his name is Crayen. I'm working on his personal story currently which is intertwined with the character in the next video :3

Absody (formerly named Mekare)is my very first original character, I made her up when I was 12

Here is a portrait of Veela, she is one of my all time favorite vocalists. She sings over a lot of EDM and D&B music <3

To see more of my work, I have here are links to the various social networking pages I'm a part of:
    Facebook deviantArt Personal Website

Re: Traditional &amp; Digital Art

Hey, I just want to say, that I've added you to my deviantArt watch
    You have an awesome gallery!
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

<3 yay yay yay good to see you back here.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
        Hey, I just want to say, that I've added you to my deviantArt watch
        You have an awesome gallery!
        Why thank you <3

Comment

Originally posted by Phuntcaise View Post
          Why thank you <3
          No problem

Comment

So question about your experiences using a tablet. Do you find that they're more precise than using the old pencil and paper? Or is it less responsive, less accurate, less precise (details are harder) than the traditional methods? I'm really into my details, so I've been shying away from spending several hundred on a tablet, but I am interested in looking into digital art oneday...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              So question about your experiences using a tablet. Do you find that they're more precise than using the old pencil and paper? Or is it less responsive, less accurate, less precise (details are harder) than the traditional methods? I'm really into my details, so I've been shying away from spending several hundred on a tablet, but I am interested in looking into digital art oneday...
              In my opinion, I feel the two are really completely different from each other.
              I LOVE my details as well, which is why I like my tablet and working on larger pixel drawings because I can zoom in and for example, draw a figure in the shine of my character's eye. I could only do that in traditional art if I was physically working on a large scale drawing or if I was working on a super close up :3

You don't have to spend hundreds on a tablet. Wacom bamboo tablets are priced pretty decently and are great for people starting out.
              It definitely takes a lot of getting used too. I rage quitted a few times because it was so frustrating for me. But now I love it! especially for little sketches. I feel like I'm wasting less paper/physical resources XD

Comment

Hmm... I do like the zooming factor idea.. I'll have to ponder it a bit more then. ^^ Thanks!

Comment

By the way, you can find used tablets for hella cheap on ebay!
                  There is one that I have been eyeing for a year that Wacom discontinued (the 21ux cintiq) and it was about $1300-$1500 new and it sells for $600+ right now.

The Cintiqs have screens ON them where you can see (as opposed to the Bamboo/Intuos where you're not looking at the tablet and you have to get used to moving a pen while looking at the screen)

The biggest one they have is the 24HD Touch (and they have the 24HD as well... that's a 2 foot screen! D

Sorry... I gush hardcore over these things XD

Comment

Yeah my budget right now is about $20/month on luxuries... It'll have to wait. :P

Comment

Sameeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I really don't have a lot.
                      I was just telling my boyfriend "OMG! I COULD AFFORD THAT NOW BUT HAVE NO MONEY LEFT!" I was planning on getting a new phone since the one I have had been having some rather annoying technical difficulties, but that seems to have subsided so I'm waiting on that now. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can get one of the used ones (because I won't be able to afford it new for another half a year, no doubt XD)

Comment

Wow, your art is amazing! I just watched you on dA

Comment

Originally posted by DeadJellyfish View Post
                          Wow, your art is amazing! I just watched you on dA
                          You must be Jellyfish-Pie? <3 The watch is much appreciated! ^^

Comment

If anyone are interested, I'm Sarkananaight at dA (surprice )

Comment

Re: Traditional &amp;amp; Digital Art

Originally posted by Phuntcaise View Post
                              You must be Jellyfish-Pie? <3 The watch is much appreciated! ^^
                              Yep! That's me >u< You're welcome. Your art is lovely!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sarkana night View Post
                              If anyone are interested, I'm Sarkananaight at dA (surprice )
                              Found you and watched you. You have a nice gallery! My gallery is pretty pathetic right now since I just made a new account.

Comment

Working...
                              X