Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your proud thing when you are at school ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is your proud thing when you are at school ?

so , though I'm 25 years now, but the best and nice time which is at school,
    there is without so much things in that , life is so pure for me .
    and today, let share your proud things in your school time ,
    me first , when I get prize from my classmate and my teachers ,
    and you , my friends?

Re: what is your proud thing when you are at school ?

What? English lessons clearly weren't your favourite bit about school.

Comment

I have an ever-expanding collection of lost sanity. Eventually it'll be enough for me to fuel my planned ritual to bring toon physics to Earth.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by lorraine02 View Post
        ...when I get prize from my classmate and my teachers...
        What was the prize for, Lorraine?

I once got an award for an art project I did. That was nice...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Proudest moment at school? Ok ignoring things like getting good exam results. Um when I was 11 my first ever poem was read out in class by the teacher and everyone liked it and one girl almost wet herself laughing (it was supposed to be funny).

Comment

I never really won anything. I suppose I was crowned 'seamstress of the school' in my graduating year - yeah, I have a plaque and everything. Apparently, I could out-sew over 1400 students.

I was published in two anthologies, which I still have. So, I suppose there's that. Other than that, meh - C's get degrees.

Oh. 99% in my historical geology class. That was baller.

Mostly art.

Comment

When I learned how to whistle without looking like I was whistling. The math teacher had a hearing aid, and absolutely HATED whistling. Endless amusement followed.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

When the teacher gives out food
                "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
                -Muhammad Ali

Comment

My proudest memory at school (which I hated, and the feeling was entirely mutual ) was of being a complete and utter pain in the arse.
                  So nothing much has changed really.
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by lorraine02 View Post
                    so , though I'm 25 years now, but the best and nice time which is at school,
                    there is without so much things in that , life is so pure for me .
                    and today, let share your proud things in your school time ,
                    me first , when I get prize from my classmate and my teachers ,
                    and you , my friends?
                    Hrmmm, I was quiet and did not do much while in school, to be honest I really hated school, (I had less than 0 social skills in school, I learned most of my ability to function in the military...)
                    but the best thing I can remember was when the "smartest"* kid in the school, put his hand through a locker door, (whee hospital trips) because I had a better SAT score, and for the most part I was considered fairly stupid by my classmates, this gave me no end of giggles. It also meant I had more people suddenly interrested in sitting next to me and being my lab partner... opportunistic A*******...
                    *as a thing nieigther of us had the best score in the school, he just found out he was less awesomely brilliant than he had thought...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I had a number of awards for artwork and writing, and I went to the state speech and debate comptition for verse and prose reading in high school.

Weird that I stopped doing that stuff for the most part.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I was House Captain at school, and I helped tutor a younger class in art. That was pretty good x
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

At school, I was often applauded for my good musical skills. But the short moments of proudness, seemed quickly to fade away, because of the jealousness of another girl. That sucked.
                          ~ flowers are our only garments
                          only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I'm in many clubs and I'm often praised for my vocabulary and attention to detail in my assignments. I was able to skip an art level and go straight from studio to drawing and painting 2. The teachers talk to me a lot and tell me how good I do and how much they like me. I'm still in school if you didn't get that
                            Circe

Comment

oh i were also good at dancing but, the people i knew, didn't notice me, just the other girls there weren't that good as me... Why were they jealous of you? where they buylling you with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X