Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origami!

photo.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNeREucbIg
    I found this link and am going to see if I can do it with gold and white paper for a christmas bauble, I did a scratch paper run of one of the flowers, and it is easier to do than it looks in the video, the downside is the time consumption. 60 stinkin' pieces of paper, 5 per flower. The whole thing goes together without fasteners though and is definately cool lookin'. I think Jem had an interest in an origami thread andf I did'nt want to fill the holiday thread with my paper folding attempts! Anyway heres the scratch paper attempt, the squares donthave to be perfect
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Re: Origami!

awww I have started a thread for all by myself... I is sad now... I will fold more paper...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I had an origami kit when I was a little girl - I loved it so much!!!! Then I became one of those teenagers who used the folded paper with stuff written on the inside - you opened & closed it with your thumbs & index fingers - I hope you know what I mean, they were popular in the 70's.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        I had an origami kit when I was a little girl - I loved it so much!!!! Then I became one of those teenagers who used the folded paper with stuff written on the inside - you opened & closed it with your thumbs & index fingers - I hope you know what I mean, they were popular in the 70's.
        look like this in frontphoto.jpg
        and this in backphoto2.jpg
        We called em fortume tellers, you had colors and numbers and under the flaps you had different "fortunes"

~Jim Butcher

Comment

I don't think we ever had a name for them, but I'm not gonna lie, I still make them sometimes.

Mostly art.

Comment

Oh cool! I missed this! Too busy not doing my diploma and learning my new vocab. If I have the time to make much between now and Yule, I'll post them.

Did anyone make water bombs at school? I never did, but my mum saw the pattern in one of my books and was so thrilled to see them again!

I'm definitely not a purist when it comes to origami though. All I care about is that I get to make something pretty. Like maria, i'm happy to glue multiple bits of paper together, like when I used to make horses and things. I often just made it up myself so it was glue, scissors and cut out shapes!!!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I made one of those fortune tellers this morning, to see if I remembered how! It took a couple of tries but I got it!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, did water bombs too, they really are like the baloons though, totally one time use, and you have to take some care if you want to throw them because there is a hole, and the bigger they are the worse they work...
                but they were really good for thicker nastyness... like paste... gods that was a mess

- - - Updated - - -

I made one of those fortune tellers this morning, to see if I remembered how! It took a couple of tries but I got it!
                totally kudos! I had to do the same thing and that I needed a picture was the perfect excuse!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Man, I made waterbombs too. Sadly it didn't waterbomb anyone but me.

That said, I also made a Chinese vase. That one's pretty hard, but it's awesome.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    Yeah, did water bombs too, they really are like the baloons though, totally one time use, and you have to take some care if you want to throw them because there is a hole, and the bigger they are the worse they work...
                    but they were really good for thicker nastyness... like paste... gods that was a mess

- - - Updated - - -

totally kudos! I had to do the same thing and that I needed a picture was the perfect excuse!
                    Thanks! It really took me back in time.
                    I never made paper waterbombs, though.....don't think I've heard of that!
                    sigpic

Comment

Paper waterbombs are fun, just don't take too long before you throw them.

Comment

I have always been an arts and crafts guy. I cycle through phases of what I do. I have lots of oragami books and fancy oragami paper. I've made a lot different things. Animals stars and candy dishes to name a few. It's very relaxing and can put you in a trance like state

Comment

Those were extremely fun as a kid! In my city we called them cootie catchers. Not really sure why haha

Comment

We called them fortune tellers lol.

Comment

We called them cootie catchers XD

Speaking of origami, I have friends that obsessively make paper cranes. One of them has dozens and makes them out of everything from paper to gum wrappers. she's made some from bits of paper only a few centimeters wide
                              Circe

Comment

Working...
                              X