Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go from here? (Yes, newbie post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go from here? (Yes, newbie post)

How to start... Ah, Influences

Alchemy - focus on what academia will accept (Nuclear Transmutation) - a way, if pursued, can undo much of the waste in the world - A True Cauldron of Changes. Also, high praise to The Alchemist by Coelho.

Native American - in my blood. The tribe I am decended from is dying out. I hold a patent to a program design that could help preserve their language. Have a potential opportunity to learn the ways, in part, of the medicine man. Also, belief in the Great Spirit (Pantheist - One is in All) and spirits in general (Animist) I just don't anthropomorphise spirits outside of communicating purposes. Problem - I have no clue how to communicate with spirits beyond my guide/familiar. Also, as my family moved south, lost most connection with their culture. Wish to find a way to learn Falconry.

Dagaz Rune - Just seems to always crop up. Also How I see the elements (Spirit in the center, not in a pentagram/pentacle). Asatru does not call to me other than that and a blacksmithing interest, so not a Viking.

Dragon Wicca - Over a year ago, felt a hunt in the sky. A spirit was in flight from a Leviathan-esque entity. I was Christian, but tired and when said spirit nudged for a hiding spot, opened my heart to hide it. Felt a fire stir within. Next year was like a nightmare health-wise - stopped eating, sleeping, and communicating to friends. On Mabon, Saw the spirit manifest as a dragon. He seems to have taken up the place of my core spirit guide/ally/familiar. Western style dragon, brown/black/gold leathery appearance. Likes feathers. The only thing I have heard of so far with Dragons working would be Wicca, but it does not quite mesh with how I work. Like Wiccan chants, though. Also, would like to observe another performing magic for once, before I see if it is a path calling me.

Druid - Recorder of lore, teller of tales, Astronomer, Philosopher, guide. Naturalism. I really feel in touch with the idea behind the OBOD. One person called me a Steampunk Druid. I love mechanics, ancient, new, steam, hydrolics, ect. Green or Nuclear energy. Save coal and gas for something that we will need easy energy for.

Canaanite/Ugarit - Guess who Lawtan is! Kothar-wa-Khasis! Ba'al Hadad! I am doing research for "Atlantis" style books - Basing it on a breakoff of the Natufian Culture (Which lead in part to the Canaanite from what I can tell) that could have learned to forge the first of the metals, and thus seem like an Iron Age people to Stone Age groups.

I have no clue how to pursue do these paths without mixing and leading any who would listen to me into confusion, thus dishonoring the paths, and not stretch myself too thin between spirituality and engineering/inventing/research, and have some form of normal communication to people.

Before I try to begin my more focused path, I need to figure out what to look into, and how to balance my time between Spiritual and Material.

As to those who say knowledge of someone gives you power over them, that is rather difficult if the someone is undefined (and yes, I am talking in the sense of slope ).

Note: If anything I have said is offensive, I apologize. Easy for a new-to-the-path person to do that.

Re: Where to go from here? (Yes, newbie post)

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

I also believe in balancing my time with material and spiritual. Steampunk druid sounds epic! I could see myself getting into that. I don't think it's so black and white. You can be an engineer while also getting in touch with your inner psyche. In the business world we call that a Renaissance Man. Which sounds like the perfect balance. I strive to be that way everyday. If there's some rule that you can't love innovation and the earth, then we're in the wrong place. hahaha

I am also new to the path in terms of the nitty gritty rituals and such, but I have always been a believer in my heart. So I can't give any advice, but I am always up for chatting! I hope you find what you need here. There are lots of great topics.

Btw, I lived in Tennessee many years. The Native American beliefs there are very strong.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking; what native American tribe is it you descent of? You know, though most of them share similar beliefs, there are usually different ways, different folk heroes and different rituals depending on the tribe...
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

To answer the Native American question, Mattaponi and Pamunkey. Anishinaabe.

Hate to use a cartoon/book, but to quote NIMH's Nicodemus "The plan is to live without stealing...We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." Hence the Steampunk. I dream of a society that progresses into science fiction yet remains natural, balanced.

Comment

Welcome and hugs!

Keep moving forward with honesty and respect, don't force it, and your way will develop as you go. No need to try to force the trads together, or pick and choose right now. It will sort itself as time goes on. Stay open and keep the practices that speak to you and keep you connected to the beat of the Universe.

Just as the food we eat changes over time, and our vocabulary, means of communicating, means of transportation, so it is with our spirituality.

I'm a Pantheist, so was excited to read that is part of your experience as well! And your mention of anthropomorphisizing really hit home. It's something I stay very aware of, because it is SO easy for me to fall in love with my metaphors and thus stop reaching to what they represent.

I am a Sun worshipper, and I don't ever create (I'm an artist) or hang representations of the Sun with a face in my home. Because I don't want to fall into the habit of relating to the Sun, or the Universe as if it is a person or even a being.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I too am drawn to Druidism and certain Native American beliefs/practices, although I am not Native American like you are. Blessings on your path

Comment

Working...
              X