Starting my own coven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting my own coven

I had a big talk with my HP and HPS the other day and basically I told them I wanted to hive off and start my own coven. They both agreed that it was time so that way I can grow the way I want to.

So it looks like I will be the head of a coven

Re: Starting my own coven

Urgh....good luck? Do you really want to?
    Circe

Comment

I do. The group that will be with me used to be in my current coven and we all work very well together.

We're gonna get together and see how it goes at least

Comment

Well I've never been in a coven, but I wish you many blessings! I hope your group is successful. Why exactly did your group split off, if you don't mind me asking?
        Circe

Comment

Well my coven follows the degree system and I've been at a second degree high priestess for two years now. We teach a Wicca 101 class to the public and I'm one of the teachers. But....it leaves me no room for my own growth really. So we discussed me hiving off to be a "sister" coven then after a year my original coven will give me my third degree.

Comment

Oh why not just give the teaching postion to someone else? I thought it was something like the puritons and the anglicans.
            Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=636.msg9357#msg9357 date=1288733279]
              Oh why not just give the teaching postion to someone else? I thought it was something like the puritons and the anglicans.
              [/quote]

I thought the point was that you can't become a true leader when there are already leaders? As in, she needs to head her own group before reaching a higher level (third level)?

Sounds like fun to me - I do like being involved in groups but there are always times when I want to do things my way - what better way then to have your OWN group!
              The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

Madness is right. Its hard to be a true leader when there already is one. Hence hiving off and birthing my own coven

Comment

I think it is fabulous! Good luck and have fun
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Hey, that's great Amber! I wish you and your coven the very best of luck. I did it for about a year and although the coven was fantastic (we're still super-duper close after all this time), I really didn't enjoy it. I most certainly wasn't ready but I think it is more that I just don't have the temperament. I prefer the easy life where I just need to show up for things without too much planning and effort before hand. Not that I didn't pull my weight, I bent over backwards to keep that coven going smoothly. No, it's just that I didn't enjoy it at all.

You sound far more prepared, experienced and supported than I was, so I am sure you'll get on just fine!! It really sounds like it is the right move for you.

Hooray for the ever-growing circle!!

-J
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Sounds kinda like the military ... Every one starts out a private ... Then you go up in rank to the level of your competence ... Some make good Sergeants while others make good generals ... You go be a good general ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=Amber link=topic=636.msg9363#msg9363 date=1288734034]
                        Madness is right. Its hard to be a true leader when there already is one. Hence hiving off and birthing my own coven.[/quote]
                        A lot of responsibility leadership is. A burden heavy... All the best!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

I think this is awesome!! sounds like a lot of responsibility, but I think you'll do great

Comment

Good for you

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X