The Green Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Man

Does anyone have any good sources of information about The Green Man? Books, websites, etc.? Thanks for your time, folks

Re: The Green Man

This could be a good start.

Marc Latham attempts to unravel the mythical history of "The Green Man," a figure that has persisted in cultures all over the world.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Thank you! This is some interesting information I've been feeling very drawn to the forest for quite a while now, and to his archetypal deity in particular.

Comment

Hey ^.^ Did you find the information you needed?
        Tylluan Penry has a book that was reccommended to me by someone else called 'Seeking the Green.' You will find her here on the forums as well.

Comment

I have managed to learn more about the Green Man since this post, but there's always room for more Thanks for the book suggestion, 'tis mighty appreciated.

Comment

I would mention here that my book 'Seeking the Green' isn't specifically a reference book about the green man, but more about how I regard the Green Man as a spiritual guide.
            What sort of information are you after exactly? There are several good books (with illustrations) that will show you a great deal about the historical green man. For me that's always the best starting place, but you might feel you want something a little different. In that case I'd suggest starting with this site: http://www.greenmanenigma.com/theories.html

But keep in touch and let us know exactly what you're looking for and maybe we can help!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
            X