What do spirals mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do spirals mean to you?

The spiral symbol really interests me. But it seems to mean different things to different people.

What do spirals mean to you? Whether its the triple spiral, or just a single one.

To me it says all life radiates from one point, a Divine force, the Goddess, the various gods, whichever you believe.

Also that we are all connected. We are all driven by the same force, all connected and sharing the same energy.

Re: What do spirals mean to you?

I use the single spiral in two ways... First as a symbol for time. Rather than seeing time as a straight line, or a circle/wheel, I like the bit of a mix between the two with the spiral. I also like to use it as a symbol for the ancestors, too, for that reason (or for the ancestors and the generations to come).

Then there is also the use of the spiral as a symbol for either going into/coming out from the spirit world, or the self. (Sort of like some symbolism of a labyrinth).
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I see the spiral as a symbol of evolution, and reincarnation seeing as how the spiral keeps swirling, and continiuing.

Comment

I see the spiral as a modern symbol of paganism. I know that's probably not how they're meant to be seen, but that's just my take.

pagan spiral.jpg

Comment

The endless journey. Part of the Great Mystery. As the spiral moves in 3 dimensions it circles one way and moves forward in another unknowable direction. Is it another circle, or a line, or something else? Will it spin out, or in, or both? We can never know for certain. Also, just love to spin - almost never get dizzy

Favorite Spiral - Ulam spiral

Comment

Working...
          X