Odd ability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd ability.

To start off, I live in canada, and it is the middle of winter.

I generally find myself going outside in a T-shirt because I sweat if I am in a sweater. I find myself sweating even in a cool indoors environment. I have such a tolerance to cold people tell me often that I am crazy. I just dont feel cold outside. And I have always felt this way, I can hold snow in my hand and it will melt away quickly without me even feeling slightly chilled. My question is, could this have anything to do with the spiritual or god/goddess level? Is this a sign that I click with some type of god? I really want to understand this. Because I have seen a doctor for it and there is no nerve damage. So I cant quite explain why I am the way I am. Any help is appreciated, thanks
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Re: Odd ability.

From my experience, it is not uncommon. I had a former best friend who was like you, have a co-worker who is always saying she is sweating when I am freezing, and have been around enough people who prefer shorts in winter and, at most, a single sweater (while I would prefer two coats but can't move in that situation).

I don't know your personal situation, such as diet, weight, exercise, etc. Do you urinate frequently? Are you constantly hungry or thirsty? Blurred vision? Those could be signs of diabetes. Your sugar levels may be too high. Have you had blood work done?

Have you tried to see if it is hormonal? I know an imbalance can raise/lower heat. Women experience it a lot with "hot flashes" due to drop in estrogen (I guess). It could also be a hyperactive thyroid, if there is increase bowel movements, weight loss or thinning of hair. Redness in neck and chest area looks like it could be adrenal gland conditions.

Could it have something spiritual behind it? I believe it may be possible. But just to be sure, I would rule out anything physiological.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
      From my experience, it is not uncommon. I had a former best friend who was like you, have a co-worker who is always saying she is sweating when I am freezing, and have been around enough people who prefer shorts in winter and, at most, a single sweater (while I would prefer two coats but can't move in that situation).

I don't know your personal situation, such as diet, weight, exercise, etc. Do you urinate frequently? Are you constantly hungry or thirsty? Blurred vision? Those could be signs of diabetes. Your sugar levels may be too high. Have you had blood work done?

Have you tried to see if it is hormonal? I know an imbalance can raise/lower heat. Women experience it a lot with "hot flashes" due to drop in estrogen (I guess). It could also be a hyperactive thyroid, if there is increase bowel movements, weight loss or thinning of hair. Redness in neck and chest area looks like it could be adrenal gland conditions.

Could it have something spiritual behind it? I believe it may be possible. But just to be sure, I would rule out anything physiological.
      I'm glad you took the physical side into consideration instead of jumping right to the spiritual side. But, I have had a recent check up. Including blood work. I am also a decently active person. I am a male so I hope Estrogen is not the problem. But its not like I sweat uncomfortably when I'm in a sweater/indoors. Just that I persperate, I cant even feel it happening. I'm a hungry guy but I'm six foot one and 210 pounds so I kind of pass it off as that. And I get comments whenever I go to the hairdressers along the lines of "I wish my hair was as thick as yours." and "My god you have a thick head of hair!" And I'm not losing any weight. Hmmmm.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I still think that it would be a massive leap in logic to presume it was something deity-related. You're just a warm dude.

I just walked outside barefoot to break up a cat fight. I live in Northern Canada. It was cold, but...it wasn't THAT cold feeling.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I still think that it would be a massive leap in logic to presume it was something deity-related. You're just a warm dude.

I just walked outside barefoot to break up a cat fight. I live in Northern Canada. It was cold, but...it wasn't THAT cold feeling.
          Aha, maybe your right. I'm just sort of desperately looking for signs in my life to point at conclusions. Maybe its just the Canadian in us.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              Aha, maybe your right. I'm just sort of desperately looking for signs in my life to point at conclusions. Maybe its just the Canadian in us.
              Where in Canada are you from?

Mostly art.

Comment

Physically, we may be similar. I am 6'1, 215 and plateaued in my weight loss. I am not terribly hungry though, now that I use proper portions and eat mini-meals than large ones. But I am on the opposite end - I get too cold. Touching snow feels like hypothermia. Its... bad.

I joke that I'm actually dead, but too stupid (or smart) to lay down for too long.

Comment

My feeling colder or hotter than normal usually correlates with my blood pressure. Is yours normal?
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It's never cold in circle, whatever the weather, so not a mad conclusion. I always feel the cold tho!

Comment

My left side (hands, feet legs etc) is always cold. My right side is warm.

I suspect I'm just a bit peculiar...
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                        My left side (hands, feet legs etc) is always cold. My right side is warm.

I suspect I'm just a bit peculiar...
                        Lol None of us are peculiar, we're special!!!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          Lol None of us are peculiar, we're special!!!
                          Being that "peculiar" is actually from the Latin for "property," I am glad that you decided to take exception to that word... personally, I'm not owned by anyone.

It wasn't until the 1600's that the word "peculiar" started to take on the connotation of "unusual." I suspect that it might have been the use of the word in the King James' Version of the Bible ("peculiar people").

Deuteronomy 7:6 - "... Because thou art a holy people to the Lord thy God. The Lord thy God hath chosen
                          thee, to be his peculiar people of all peoples that are upon the earth. ..."
                          Deuteronomy 14:2 - "... For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee
                          to be a peculiar people unto himself..."
                          Deuteronomy 26:18 - "... And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised
                          thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments; ..."
                          Titus 2:14 - "... Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify
                          unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. ..."
                          1 Peter 2:9 - "... But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;
                          that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of ..."

Those verses kinda take on a different flare, with the original definition of "peculiar," no?

Anyway... sorry to derail the thread... now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Definitely - and thank you for pointing that out! Definitely not peculiar then!
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Not to continue to derail, but words are just symbols for particular ideas, no? So even though the origin of a word may be radically different than its common meaning, the common is the one that has the power.

To use a personal, but dramatic, example. There is a three-lettered word used for the homosexual community that is extremely offensive. Historically, it may have been used to mean a "bundle of sticks." In Non-States countries, it may mean a cigarette. But it has come to mean something very heinous in the States. So if someone calls another this word, they are not meaning to call them sticks or cigarettes. And it is often the younger (or less intellectual) who try to pass it off as such. We're not stupid; we know what you're saying.

A less dramatic but even more common is the b-with-an-itch. (I do not know the filters, sorry.) Yes, it is a word for a female dog. But rarely is it used as such. It has a new meaning. And it is either derogatory or empowering (depending on the person using it). But if you hear it, your first thought isn't "female dog," but a "belligerent, unreasonable, malicious, rudely intrusive or aggressive" individual (more commonly a woman).

The list can go on. The donkey vs. the vulgar buttox. The cat versus the female organ. The chicken vs. the male organ.

Comment

Working...
                              X