scrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrying

so, i have been attempting to scry, but it isn't working out so well. Any advice or ways to do it?
    "He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened"
    ~Tao Te Cheng

Re: scrying

scrying with what and how?
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

the only way i have tried it so far is with water in a ceramic goblet. I was just woundering what other ways it can be done, so i could try those and see what works best for me
      ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

You can try using a pendulum, mine is a crystal that is attached to a thin chain. So far I have used it in finding missing objects, and other investigation matters: http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...1/S5001735.jpg

Comment

I use fire ... Usually a campfire or a bonfire ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=670.msg10572#msg10572 date=1289099063]
            I use fire ... Usually a campfire or a bonfire ...
            [/quote]
            how do you do that? it sounds rather interesting
            ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

Just staring into the fire ... Let all the noise in your mind settle down ... Then just watch the colors change ... I try to feel myself move with the flames ... I guess that is why I like a big fire source ... Easy for me to tunnel vision into the flames ... And the motion helps ... I never was good with anything that stood still ... But then others like the stillness of a dark mirror or a dark pool of liquid ...
              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=670.msg10579#msg10579 date=1289114761]
                Just staring into the fire ... Let all the noise in your mind settle down ... Then just watch the colors change ... I try to feel myself move with the flames ... I guess that is why I like a big fire source ... Easy for me to tunnel vision into the flames ... And the motion helps ... I never was good with anything that stood still ... But then others like the stillness of a dark mirror or a dark pool of liquid ...
                [/quote]

I love fire too. Being still is hard for me... I have to concentrate too much on the stillness and can't move past that. Perhaps with practice it would be easier, but fire is nice. Swirling, moving, dancing... I like that!

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=670.msg10579#msg10579 date=1289114761]
                  [/quote]
                  well thank you for the information. i will most diffidently try this sometime
                  ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

When scrying, it's important you stay focused, if your distracted, you won't be able to achieve the best results possible. I scry using a crystal ball, or running water and a candle. Usually using a tap, i p;ace a candle behind it and focus on the patterns of light made in the water.

"Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=670.msg10644#msg10644 date=1289157180]
                      When scrying, it's important you stay focused, if your distracted, you won't be able to achieve the best results possible. I scry using a crystal ball, or running water and a candle. Usually using a tap, i p;ace a candle behind it and focus on the patterns of light made in the water.

[/quote]

i havent tried it with running water yet, like i said,i have tried it with water in a goblet
                      ~Tao Te Cheng

Comment

I recommend using a black mirror and a candle. Place the candle behind the black mirror so that the flame is not in your veild of vision and also so that it is not reflected in the mirror. Concentrate and still your mind from thought. It has worked for me. The most profound one saved my life while I was deployed in Afghanistan.
                        SPQR

Comment

Ultimately it depends on your elemental affinities, too. If you aren't a very watery person, then yeah water won't work well for you.
                          I have at home somewhere Scott Cunningham's Pocket Guide to Fortune Telling, which is basically just a list of the 200 or so different types of scrying and divination he could gather info on with a brief explanation of each, enough to get started. Very interesting read.
                          Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

It's like channeling, you have to pull yourself out of the equation. Let the energy take you with it. In other words, you have to let go. That is the best way to find clarity. I would suggest starting with some kind of chakra cleansing exercise.
                            The problem is the brain wants to have control, but the mind is where the images are at. You have make your brain submit to your higher self. That is how many things are done energetically. With the brain out of the picture your spirit can do just about anything. If you can meditate then you can scry. You are just bouncing energy off an object, a crystal ball perhaps, then picking up the echo in your third eye.

Comment

Using steam works best for me. When I was little, it was from my parents' coffee (which little picaboo thought was angels), then from hot baths, now off of boiling water before I toss the noodles in.

Comment

Working...
                              X