Moon Void of Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon Void of Course

Okay, I'll admit that among all the subjects I've researched intensely, astrology was the one i missed. But now im doing the best i can to learn all i can about astrology now.
    I have an understanding about what it means when the moon is void of course, but what i fail to really understand is why one shouldn't cast spells or go about ritualistic activity. Because it seems that whenever i can muster up the positive attitude to do any ritualistic workings (ive got really bad depression) the moon is void of course. Should i go about rituals whenever it feels right to me regardless of the moon's position?

Also, just was wondering; tomorrow, Saturday March 30th, Pallas enters Taurus, and i can find absolutely nothing about what that is supposed to mean to me or anyone for that matter

Re: Moon Void of Course

Hey Mike. Astrology is also a subject that I am only getting into now, after several years of studying esoteric topics. I believe it has to do a lot with negative association. People think of magazine horoscopes when you bring up astrology and I think that negative stereotype does permeate a lot of seekers and keep them from paying it the attention it is due. But I digress.

I did a little reading about VOC and maybe the answer to your problem is not to think about what you want to manifest, but rather what you don't want to manifest. It's all about wording your desires differently. Witches who perform magic during the waning moon may still be doing spells or rituals for their benefit, but word it differently, e.g. instead of saying "I want more money" which would be done ideally during a waxing moon, you'd maybe say, "I want to banish poverty/needless spending" or something along those lines. Both ways will help to keep money in your wallet, provided you follow through. I think the same can be said for VOC phases.
    However if something is really pressing you and it is a matter of urgency, then I think it's okay to discard cosmic influences. Sitting around waiting for the moon to cross into another sign can actually bring more frustration and negativity than just doing the ritual when the need arises. I may or may not be correct on the above points, I am just stating my opinion.

As for Pallas entering Taurus, I'm afraid I cannot assist you there as my knowledge doesn't extend that far. I hope I was able to help
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I realize that what im asking this for is just consecrating a wand, ritual knife and other tools of my "trade" but it's hard to find even a slight motivation when depression gets ahold of me, and whenever I can grab hold of that motivation, the moon would be v/c

Comment

I know the feeling of being too depressed to do ritual all too well
        I don't think the moon being voc would affect tool consecration specifically. A good time to do that sort of ceremony is either during the New Moon or Full Moon, that should provide some extra windows of opportunity.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't get on with the moon, so I don't follow any moon stuff. I do use transits to my natal in my daily life and when the moon is void I go "uh-oh..." because I know that things just don't happen. So I'm not surprised you feel depressed when the moon is void. What I do is recognise that things aren't going to happen and re-schedule things : I try and get things sorted out before the moon goes void. Sometimes that doesn't happen and I have to wait till after. Astrology has taught me that sometimes things just don't happen and you've got to be patient. Don't give up efforts to make them happen, but be patient, for it may not be happening for awhile yet. At least, that's my view : others may disagree with it.

Comment

Can someone explain void of course - I don't understand any of it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Serena Oak View Post
              Can someone explain void of course - I don't understand any of it. Thanks!
              Moon VOC, the way I understand, is when the moon isn't in any particular sign. It's basically a cosmic "busy signal" and supposedly any magick you do just won't work, although I haven't personally experienced this.

Comment

Working...
              X