Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder Wizard energy practice

Hello everyone

Has anyone ever worked with the energy practices taught in the Thunder Wizard path? This is the website on Thunder Wizard http://thunderwizard.com/
    I bought the Path of the Thunder Wizard over a year ago, but just recently have been trying some of the energy practices. I enjoy the Thor meditation and also the meditation on Frau Holle with the seed syllable HUUL. Anyone else into this kind of stuff?

thor.jpg

Re: Thunder Wizard energy practice

That's interesting, but it sounds just like every other Runic Shamanism I have heard about. Edred Thorsson's "Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic" is a fine example of these teachings.

I was expecting more of Thor cult (in a positive way) than just Norse Shamanism, such as invoking thunder to do actual thunder magic like the Daoist Thunder Wizards. They do thunder qigong during lightening and thunder storms, brining the thunder energy into their bodies so they can write their charms with pure thunder energy. They also learn how to strike with thunder and lightening energy.

In my kung fu style we have two types of palm strikes (eight actually, but the other six stem from these)- thunder and lightening. Thunder is crushing and breaking and lightening in penetrating and vibrating.

Maybe I didn't read enough, but it would be interesting to learn those types of methods through Galdr (invocation) and Stadha (pose). It's a cool concept, though and one I have been on for the last couple of months (getting in touch with my Norse ancestry after extensive Eastern study and practice).

Comment

I know that in the description of the Thor meditation in the book called, 'The Thunder Wizard Path' says to imagine drawing in power from Thunder and Lightning. Last week I was doing this practice during a thunder storm. The author of the work also has had extensive work in Taoist inner alchemy. So he draws on some of this information along with his studies of Vedic Mantra sciences.

I have also been investigating my Norse ancestors and their Gods. I think I need to make room for worship of them along with the deities I worship from the Hindu Pantheon from my readings of Kashmir Shaivism. One day I will have to maybe add some celtic influences since I also have Irish blood, but that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Consciousness View Post
        I have also been investigating my Norse ancestors and their Gods. I think I need to make room for worship of them along with the deities I worship from the Hindu Pantheon from my readings of Kashmir Shaivism. One day I will have to maybe add some celtic influences since I also have Irish blood, but that's another story.
        That's funny, I'm a little Irish too and have been meaning to study up on those deities and that path. I am already fond of Bridgid and Lugh for intuitive reasons and Morighana for her close association with Hecate but I need to finish my galdr and stadha before I can move on to another pantheon altogether. I am just beginning to get in touch with some of the Norse pantheon, so it might be a while until I navigate the Irish path, particularly Faerie Craft- all I can find is Wicca and the Irish say don't mess with the faeries, so... I got some rune meditations to finish, Gods to get in touch with and lots of Irish lore to study!

Comment

I've never heard of this system before but I'm quite fascinated by what I saw on the website. It seems like it has a lot of parallels with my own practices, except with a European mythological overlay, which is something I've always felt is missing from my own practices, which primarily stem from Mediterranean/Eastern sources. Like a lot of people, I feel a strong disconnect from my own European spiritual heritage, but I've never found a way to make current neo-pagan systems mash with my work in hermetic magic.

Comment

I stopped doing hermetic magic all together a while back. It was too complicated and confining for me. That's why I like the Norse and other pagan paths. It allows you to add your own flavor and not seek refuge in the One.

I think the best way to relate the systems is too start with the Trees of Life- although there are different amounts of spheres or planes between the Norse and Qabalistic trees, but they each have three pillars and several paths to be journeyed. Runes and Hebrew also stem from a parent language Phoenician, so looking into this might help you mesh at least certain qabalist teachings with runic teachings.

If you do the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram you can always substitute the God Names for runes or Norse deities, the rune Ansuz ('a god', represents communication) for East, Kenaz ('torch', represents creativity) for South, Laguz ('leak', represents healing) for West and Ingaz (the god Ing, an earth god) for North. Instead of doing the Qabalistic Cross you could do the Sign of the Hammer- it's basically the same idea, your intention is just to become like Mjolnir (Thor's hammer- which means "crusher").

Comment

Those are all cool ideas, I've actually been toying with similar thoughts for quite a while, although I'd like to feel like I have the rituals 100% down pat in their current format before I play with them. The possibility of drawing parallels between hebrew and runic on the tree of life is especially interesting, I saw a site just the other day exploring the common links between the two (although I'm not sure how legitimate said site was, since it was from a member of a satanic-fascist group which I tend to view with some skepticism).

The thing I wonder about is the vibrational frequency, the theory being that, beyond any specific archetypal relations, the god names used during GD rituals enhance the effect due to their vibrational frequency or some such, which is a concept I don't understand nearly well enough to feel comfortable tinkering with. There's a lot of power in those rituals (especially the Middle Pillar), and I'd hate to be directing it incorrectly.

You're right though, the core concepts are more or less universal, especially since I work primarily not out of the GD strain of Hermetic magic (although I do incorporate some of their ritual work), but out of Bardon's system, which is effectively non-denominational.

Norse mythology also has a strong theme of spiritual awakening in which more parallels can be drawn to eastern and hermetic philosophy, Odin upside down on the tree, Jormangand (Kundalini serpent) and Yggdrasil (Tree of Life), etc etc. Similarly hermetic/eastern ideals can also be found in the various cycles of celtic mythology.

I also know there's a Scandinavian lodge called Dragon Rouge which grew out of the Typohonian magical current and, as far as I'm aware, works extensively with both runework/euro-shamanic pathwork and qabalah/kundalini philosophy, so it's possible a lot of this is ground that's already been trod upon. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of their material, and definitely have an interest in looking further into these 'Thunder Wizard' practices.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                The thing I wonder about is the vibrational frequency, the theory being that, beyond any specific archetypal relations, the god names used during GD rituals enhance the effect due to their vibrational frequency or some such, which is a concept I don't understand nearly well enough to feel comfortable tinkering with. There's a lot of power in those rituals (especially the Middle Pillar), and I'd hate to be directing it incorrectly.
                I wrestled with that idea as well for awhile. I started with Sanskrit Mantra before my ceremonial practices, so I already had a pretty good idea about the power of vibrational frequencies. Healing Sounds by John Goldman is a great book on the subject of vibrational healing if you are interested (a little pricey but worth it). I do agree that certain sounds have certain qualities and upon further research and practice I found simpler methods to get similar results (not identical because the God Names, Runes, Sanskrit Mantras, etc, are all unique in vibrational quality) by just intoning the vowels (I,E,A,O,U). In the runic galdr (invocations) you start by just repeating the rune as a mantra but then get into vowel intonation.

For example, if you are working with Fehu, you would chant "FEHU! FEHU! FEHU!" and when you were ready, chant "FU, FA, FI, FE, FO (pause) FO, FE, FI, FA, FU". I honestly go up and down my chakra system when I practice ("U, O, A, E, I" to ascend, "I, E, A, O, U" to descend) with the respective rune letter.

Peter J Carroll, one of the adepts of chaos magic, formulated a banishing called the Gnostic Thunderbolt- first you descend and ascend the center line with the vowel incantation 3 times as fast as you can. When you are done with that you draw a pentagram to each respective direction using the vowel sounds (one vowel per line).

Mantra and sound 'healing' are my favorite form of meditations now. It activates the brain, blood flow and nervous system in so many beneficial ways.

Comment

I just purchased the DVD Teutonic Shamanism Level 3 energy practices on Watch Instant Amazon. The energy practices were very powerful. I was just listening and watching the DVD and then simply did a few minutes of each meditation. The energy was pretty noticeable. In the DVD he also teaches how to contain that energy to ground within your aura. There were also hand seal techniques during the meditation and a great emphasis on Goddess Hulda in some of the meditations.

Comment

Oooh! Do you know what system of hand seals, Eastern (Doaist, Buddhist, etc) or were they Guido Von List's? The containing of energy around the aura sounds intriguing as well. I am glad it is working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Consciousness View Post
                      I just purchased the DVD Teutonic Shamanism Level 3 energy practices on Watch Instant Amazon. The energy practices were very powerful. I was just listening and watching the DVD and then simply did a few minutes of each meditation. The energy was pretty noticeable. In the DVD he also teaches how to contain that energy to ground within your aura. There were also hand seal techniques during the meditation and a great emphasis on Goddess Hulda in some of the meditations.
                      Hulda/Holda/Holle is a Germanic mother type goddess. You can find info on her in Urglaawe too.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
                        Oooh! Do you know what system of hand seals, Eastern (Doaist, Buddhist, etc) or were they Guido Von List's? The containing of energy around the aura sounds intriguing as well. I am glad it is working for you.
                        Yea I would sey they are mainly influenced by daoism, but some of the techniques resemble shapes of runes. The hand seals are also accompanied by the chanting of a Rune or a Deity's name. There are also different directions you can face when doing them to align with Norse views of the elements and deities. Yea he mentions that the out breath strengthens aura.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                        Hulda/Holda/Holle is a Germanic mother type goddess. You can find info on her in Urglaawe too.
                        Yes I am growing more and more fond of Hulda. Frau Holle seems to be a powerful and very nature like Deity.

Here is the links on Hulda Galdor (chant)

http://thunderwizard.com/page1/page1/page3HULmed.html

"Hulda Meditation
                        Sit comfortably in a chair with your feet flat on the ground. Your back should be comfortably straight but not rigid. Look downwards in front of your feet. This will naturally extend the back of the neck. Place the hands at your side next to your hips with the palms facing down, fingers pointing forward as though you are going to push yourself up from a bench. Imagine that you have tennis balls in your underarms, so that your arms will not be flush against your ribs. Opening the underarms will stimulate energy flow in the arms. Feel the Earth Beneath your feet and simultaneously put your concentration on the center of your palms and on the soles of your feet. On the inhale, imagine a cool mist enter through the crown of your head and descend to your heart center. Then exhale while slowly and silently chanting the sound “HUUL” as you chant the sound, feel the healing mist of URUZ trickle down through your body and exit through the palms and the heels all the way to the center of the Earth where it forms into a large subterranean lake. As you are completing the exhale and making the “L” sound with your tongue touching the roof of your mouth, (allow your tongue to touch the actual roof of your mouth, this will stimulate the pineal gland) as you make the L sound, imagine the subterranean lake bubbling and creating a mist that rises up into the atmosphere and freezes into clouds high above your head. Then inhale and allow the icy snowflakes descend and melt into a cool, healing mist that once again enters your crown… and the cycle repeats itself. Continue like this for as long as you wish. This is a very healing meditation. You can also imagine the power of HUUL healing and restoring the Earth while simultaneously healing the communal psyche of humanity bringing society back to Earth consciousness."

Video lessons here: http://thunderwizard.com/page1/page1/page10hulrunes.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                          I've never heard of this system before but I'm quite fascinated by what I saw on the website.
                          Ditto this and I have to say I freakin love the term Thunder Wizard. That just rocks so much!

Comment

I was reading Regardie's Middle Pillar last night and was interested to discover a Gaelic version of the LBRP and the Middle Pillar rituals here. I'm not sure if I'm personally eager to swap over from the traditional Hebrew versions just yet, at least till I've practiced more and become more familiar with the role of the vibrated names, but they're very much along the lines of what we were discussing earlier so I figured I'd post them for anyone who's interested.

If anyone here knows anything about Gaelic, I'd love an opinion on how accurate the translations are. I also think it's a little weird that he seems to have mashed up deities from different celtic pantheons (iirc Don and Llyr are Welsh, Brigid is Irish and Cernunnos was continental), but I'm sure that wouldn't bother a lot of people, and you could easily substitute their names/identities from equivalent pantheons.

A GAELIC BANISHING PENTAGRAM RITUAL
                            The Gaelic Qabalistic Cross
                            Stand and face east. Imagine a brilliant whte light touchg the top
                            of your head. Reach up with the index finger or blade of a dagger
                            to connect with the light and bring it to the forehead.
                            Touch the forehead and say: "Bhuait, a Cruithear" (pronounced
                            "voo-uhch, uh Xroo-uhr," meaning "From you, Creator").
                            Touch the breast and say: "na Rioghachd" (pronounced "nah
                            ree-uhchk," meaning "the Kingdom").
                            Touch the right shoulder and say: "na Neart" (pronounced
                            "nah nyarst," meaning "the Power").
                            Touch the left shoulder and say: " 's na Miadh (pronounced
                            "snah mee-uhgh,"30 meaning "and the Honor").
                            Clasp the fingers over the breast and say: "An Talamh, gu
                            sior" (pronounced "an tal-uhv, goo shee-or," meaning "the
                            World, everlasting").
                            Say: "Fiilte" (pronounced "faal-chuh,"3l meaning "Hail!").
                            The Pentagrams
                            Face east. Use dagger or the index finger of the right hand to trace a
                            large lesser banishg pentagram. As you do so, vibrate "Gaoth an
                            The Pentagram
                            Ear" (pronounced "goo-uh a nyar," meaning "east wind). Thrust the
                            dagger tip or index finger through the center of the pentagram and
                            vibrate "Adhar" (pronounced "aar," meaning "air"). Keep the right
                            arm extended throughout, never let it drop. The pentagrams should
                            be visualized in a flaming blue or white light.
                            Go to the south and draw the same pentagram while vibrating:
                            "Gaoth a Deas" (pronounced "goo-uh a jays," meaning "south
                            wind). Thrust through the center of the pentagram and intone
                            "Teine" (pronounced "chay-nuh," meaning "fire").
                            Go to the west and draw the same pentagram while vibrating:
                            "Gaoth an Iar" (pronounced "goo-uh a neeuhr," meaning "west
                            wind"). Thrust through the center intoning "Uisge" (pronounced
                            "oosh-guh," meaning "water").
                            Go to the north and trace the pentagram while vibrating:
                            "Gaoth a Tuath (pronounced "goo-uh a too-uh," meaning "north
                            wind"). Charge the figure with "Talamh" (pronounced "tal-uhv,"
                            meaning "earth).
                            Invocation
                            Return to the east and stand in the position of the Tau Cross. Say:
                            "Before me, DON, Queen of the Heavens. Behind me, LLYR, King
                            of the Sea. On my right hand, BRIGID, Lady of the ever-burning
                            Fire. On my left hand, CERNUNNOS, Lord of the Forest. For
                            about me are NA DEATHAN" (pronounced "nah jee-aahn," mean-
                            ing "the Gods"). "And in the center is CO-COTHROM" (pro-
                            nounced "co-cho-dm," meaning "Equilibrium").
                            Repeat the Gaelic Qabalistic Cross as in the beginning.
                            ALTERNATIVE GAELIC BANISHING RITUAL
                            A circled cross may be substituted for the pentagram in the ritual
                            above. This symbol has several meanings, one of whch is the circle
                            of the heavens containing the four elements or four cardinal points.
                            To draw the circled cross in the air before you, trace the shaft of
                            the cross starting at the top and drawing downward. Next, start at
                            the left point of the crossbar and move straight across to the right
                            point of the crossbar. Finally, start at a point on the left side of the
                            circle and trace clockwise. (See Figure 14, p. 198.)

THE GAELIC RITE OF THREE PILLARS
                            After a few minutes of relaxation, imagine a sphere of white light
                            just above your head. Vibrate the name "CrGn" (pronounced
                            "kroon," meaning "Crown"). Keep vibrating this word until it is
                            the only thought in your conscious mind. Maintain a strong visual-
                            ization of the whte sphere.
                            Then imagine a shaft of whte light descending from your Kether
                            center to your Chokmah center at the left temple of your forehead.
                            Visualize a sphere of whte light there. Intone the name "Gliocas"
                            (pronounced "glee-uh-cas," meaning "Wisdom"). Keep vibrating
                            the name until it is the complete focus of all your attention.
                            Bring a shaft of light horizontally across from your Chokmah
                            center to your Binah center at the right temple of your forehead.
                            Form a sphere of whte light there. Vibrate the name "Ciall" (pro-
                            nounced "kee-uhl," meaning "Understanding") a number of times
                            until it occupies all of your mind.
                            THE BALANCE BETWEEN MIND AND MAGIC
                            Now bring a shaft of white light down diagonally from your
                            Binah center to your Daath center at the nape of your neck. Visual-
                            ize a sphere of white light there. Vibrate the name "Fios" (pro-
                            nounced "fee-uhs," meaning "Knowledge"). Intone the name until
                            it is the only thing in your conscious mind.
                            Next, visualize a shaft of white light down diagonally from the
                            Daath center to your Chesed center at your left shoulder. Form a
                            sphere of light there. Vibrate the name "Iochd (pronounced "yoke,"
                            meaning "Mercy") a number of times until it fills your mind.
                            Bring a shaft of white light horizontally from Chesed to your
                            Geburah center at your right shoulder. Visualize a sphere of light
                            there. Vibrate the name "Neart" (pronounced "ny-arst," meaning
                            "Power"). Intone the name until it is the only thing in your con-
                            scious mind.
                            Now bring a shaft of light diagonally across from Geburah to
                            your Tiphareth center around the area of your heart. Form a
                            sphere of light there. Vibrate the name "Grinneas" (pronounced
                            "green-nyuhs," meaning "Beauty") several times until it fills
                            your consciousness.
                            Next, visualize a shaft of light down diagonally from the
                            Tiphareth center to your Netzach center at your left hip. Form a
                            sphere of whte light there. Vibrate the name "Buaidh" (pro-
                            nounced "boo-eye," meaning "Victory") a number of times until it
                            occupies all of your mind.
                            Bring a shaft of whte light horizontally from Netzach to your
                            Hod center at your right hp. Form a sphere of light there. Vibrate
                            the name "Mbralachd" (pronounced "mor-uh-luhchk," meaning
                            "Majesty"). Intone the name until it is the only thng in your mind.
                            Now see the shaft of light descending diagonally from Hod
                            into the Yesod center in the genital region. Imagine a sphere of
                            white light formed there. Intone the name "Bunait" (pronounced
                            "boo-nuhch," meaning "Foundation") several times as before.
                            Next, visualize the shaft of light descending straight down
                            from Yesod into your Malkuth center at the feet and ankles. Imag-
                            ine a sphere of white light formed there. Vibrate the name
                            "Rioghachd" (pronounced "ree-uhch-k," meaning "Kingdom") a
                            number of times as before.
                            The Middle Pillar Exercise
                            Imagine the Tree complete. Then circulate the light you have
                            brought down throughout all the spheres of the Tree. Circulate the
                            energy using the same breathing/visualization techniques of the
                            standard Middle Pillar exercise.
                            Finally focus some of the energy back into your Tiphareth center.

Comment

Not only have I been watching him but you may like http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_wZBwxnVgFtHNJm5vs9_vw. She is not exactly like him but it's a same kinda feel thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X