Musicians and singers required for international project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musicians and singers required for international project

I'm looking for volunteer musicians and singers/chanters to contribute to an inspirational anthem. The song is called Awen. It will be lisenced under a share-alike, non-commercial, attribution creative commons. My goal for the song is to create a broadcast quality song that is free to download audio track that can be used in public ritual or privately.

Because it is a non-commercial project, I am looking for musicians and singers whose desire is to serve the listener. Currently, I have a bassist, drummer, lead vocals, rhythm acoustic guitar and a producer. I am looking for:
    Lead guitar
    Percussion
    Keys
    Flute/whistle
    Male vocalist
    Female harmoniser
    Chanters
    Any other instrument not listed

If your instrument is not listed, please don't be shy, I still want to hear from you.
    I want the song to have a Celtic sound, but more pop than the typical pagan music you might hear on Druidcast or the like.

To participate, you will need to have the ability to create a decent audio recording without background noise. So at a basic level, you would need access to a decent mic (cheap voice mics made for gaming won't do the job) a mixer, a computer and an audio program like Audacity.

Here is the bare bones of the song:
    As wide as is deep Like the ocean vast It's the wind as it swings Through the leaves and grass Let it rise as the waves From the ocean floor Feel the drag make room On our hearts' shore Aw

The structure, chords and core melody of the song will stay the same. If you have any ideas for your instrument, please let me know.

What I need from you is a demo of your skill. Please send me an audio file of you playing your instrument/singing. Send the file with your name, instrument and any ideas you have to Fizzi9@hotmail.com. Put 'Awen Demo' in the subject line.

I look forward to hearing from you! Please respond by May 31.

Re: Musicians and singers required for international project

Still need people for this. Have only just got the scratch track down now. If you can sing/chant/ improve on ANY instrument, your input is very welcome!

Comment

I will listen to the track when I get home, have you a score? It could take me a while if not...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

If you don't find enough live musicians, I can help with realistic sounding computer instruments, especially for world percussion and keys.

Comment

That would be awesome, thank you Toxic ^.^.
          No score, sorry, Maria.

Comment

Improve was ment to come out 'improv' sorry.

Comment

Hmm. Still in need of a female harmony? I might be willing to join in if so. I'd have to get a better mic than I have currently, but I can send you a sample if you'd like. Also, is the harmony just ad-lib or do you have kind of a set idea of what you'd like to have alongside the melody?

Comment

Yea for sure ^^ I had a go at doing harmonies myself but I couldn't find one to fit at 'It's the song of heart and the depth of soul' line. >.< A good vocal mic does cost a little bit of money, though.

The chanting would come in right at the end when we repeat 'Awen' nine times. I would really love to layer a lot of vocals and chanting here. Also, brushes on the snare drum and maybe a hand drum would sound amazing rather than a strongly defined beat. My idea for the Awen chant ending was to start softly and then build to a release on the ninth Awen. I think it would take a bit of layering to achieve this. I've never been part of a Druid ritual though, so I'm relying a lot on the producer to make that part sound right.

Comment

I'm not bad at writing counter melodies etc from a score... But you don't have one, and I don't know if I could find time. But theoretical stuff is my strength!
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm so sorry I don't have any written music.. The best I could probably do would be words with the chords written above them! I just have never learned because I have never needed to - all the people I have worked with just play along without anything. I just can't ask them for help with this. I can read maybe a line of music here and there and it takes me a while. It's a shame I think because it's a dying art. And having notation sure does help.

Thank you to the people who have volunteered so far. I haven't got very far yet, I think it's going to be a bit of a long term project. I think about it everyday but I'm a bit of a standstill at the moment.

Comment

I can play lead guitar, but I have my limits. I do vocals also.

If you can pm me with the lyrics and chords, I will do a version of your recording with an improvised solo and my voice. Then you'll judge if my voice is fit for the work!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Oh my!! I am stoked. Thanks! Onto it.

Comment

Female Harmonizer/Violin (I just got a bow!)

Comment

Oh WOW!! Awesome ^.^ Can you please email me, Chessa? I will send you the scratch track to play with. fizzi9@hotmail.com

Comment

I could potentially, with a finished project (in parts) notate it all out for you. But it could take me FOREVER. But I offer my services anyway
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment