Ask A Pagan Couple Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask A Pagan Couple Thread!

StormBringer (the hubby) suggested that I start this one up. We'd like to put ourselves out there for any questions anyone might have. Whether it's relationships in the Pagan community, relationships in general, his viewpoint or mine about a given couple topic, or just anything about us - this is a free for all. Ask away! We're happy to answer as best we can!

I'll start with a little bit about us, so you know who you're asking, lol.
    Storm and I have a weird history; I'm not sure how common this is, but it's just what happened to us. When I was a little girl I used to hear the call of a particular spirit - at least, I thought it was a spirit - who told me that he'd come to me one day. He tried to protect me, watched over me, and many times friends and family members reported seeing him around me. I thought for a long time that it was either a spirit or some kind of figment of my imagination. I knew everything there was to know about him; he'd show me his life, from the clothes he wore to the music he listened to to the area around him and the way it looked, to his deepest hopes and fears and desires. He'd tell me he loved me and that someday he'd meet me, and I used to laugh at him and say "You're just a spirit, you can't hug me or kiss me! Don't be ridiculous!" Over time he kept giving me hints. I had a few failed relationships and he was with me all the way, often telling me beforehand "This one isn't going to work out, you know." I'd say "How do you know?" And he'd just say "He's not the one. I'm going to show you someone very much like me." (In retrospect I find this hilarious, but at the time it was infuriating!) I spent a very long time being annoyed by this, and to be honest I even told the "spirit" to go away many times; I didn't know what he was doing but he needed to stop bugging me!

Around 2010 I met this guy online. We talked casually, and it wasn't a week until I felt like I just had known him my whole life. I really felt like I could tell him anything and he wouldn't be surprised. We hit it off really fast - here I was this girl who was really, honestly, very happy to be single! I was tired of the drama and complexities of relationships and I just wanted to kick back and be my own self and not have to worry about it. When he came around I was really kind of annoyed at how fast I fell - I didn't want to be one of those girls. I kept it polite and didn't tell him I liked him or anything - we talked for hours and hours, though, and we couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Actually the guy who introduced us, poor thing, was sort of left out of the conversation after a while LOL!

During this time I was pretty depressed, having repressed myself metaphysically speaking and tried to put myself into a sort of state of dormancy after a lot of terrible experiences discouraged my abilities. So when one day I nervously talked about that side of myself to StormBringer, I was amazed that I even felt so safe to tell him about it; it was something I NEVER spoke of to anyone!! I told him of my old "friend" - the spirit that used to follow me. And Storm told me a secret - he knew everything about me, too. He remembered me.

I lost my freaking mind. I sat there shaking and crying thinking he was some kind of stalker. How could he know all this?! I debated blocking him and never speaking to him again. After several hours, I decided that whatever this was, it was important, and I would at least investigate the matter.

Long story short, we started comparing notes, sharing stories, memories. I got out old photo albums on Skype and showed him, and he pointed out where he had stood and what he had said. We cried and laughed and cried some more. We both said we thought the other person was just some kind of illusion or maybe a ghost. Eventually I told him I didn't want to be without him anymore - I wanted to meet him. We planned it over several months' time and I moved all the way from Texas to Michigan to be with him. It was a hell of a drive! 24 hours in the middle of a crazy windstorm and icy blizzard. Lots of craziness along the way, but I made it.

Since then it's been almost 3 years. We've been through a LOT together - it's been rough trying to get settled. We both share abilities and lore and understandings metaphysically speaking, so we've learned and grown alongside each other in various ways. He got me out of my shell and I sorta tugged him out of his. My mother passed away this last year and before she did, she told me that she knew it was him - the spirit from all those years ago - and that whatever this was, she was happy for both of us. She was afraid, shaking like I was when I realized what had happened; but she said it all the same, and I'm glad we had her blessing before she departed. My sister likewise has said similar - she recognizes him from all those years ago, and though it seems to blow her mind, she hopes it works out well for us. It's been a really really bumpy road but with every obstacle we've managed to scrape our way through so far and our hope is that it's just the beginning.

Re: Ask A Pagan Couple Thread!

And here comes my smaller post .

Yeah Go ahead and ask us questions if you see fit, we will respond in kind. Lifes been, shall we say, interesting for us thus far.

Comment

Congrats on three years together, first off .

Do you guys worship together or separately? (And how does it play into your relationship?)
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        Congrats on three years together, first off .

Do you guys worship together or separately? (And how does it play into your relationship?)
        Hmm, had to think about that a bit. We are both sort of shamanic in nature with very little emphasis on the need to worship particular deities. Storm and I believe all things hold life (animating force, existence, etc.), and some things hold more life than other things; so a deity, to us, is a spirit with a huge amount of animating force within it, a greater mass by far than other spirits like, say, a little wood sprite or something. We hold high reverence for deities but we tend to take the hard, more self-reliant road seeking enlightenment and nurturing our own inner life force or whatnot. That being said, we do work together.

We feel that energies can be light, dark or in-between - and between us, Storm uses more dark energies, I use more light energies and we bring balance to each other, yin-and-yang style. He's good at exorcisms (in the sense of ousting nasty spirits), offensive/defensive energy work and dealing with nasties in general - I'm a Seer who's good at communication and creative talents. We work as a team always, and it definitely plays into our relationship. We complete each other in every way; it can cause us to butt heads often because our energies are so different, but we function well together.

One of the hilarious ways that our opposites thing manifests is something we joke about but kind of use as a funny metaphor: We both have a sweet tooth, right? After a good hard bit of energy work, some sugar can recharge your brain a bit. We both like gummi bears, and when we buy a package of them, he eats all the yellow, orange and green ones - and I eat all the red, white and some of the green. He hates the white and red ones and I hate the orange and yellow ones, but nothing gets wasted. When I start making fun of his gross yellow and orange gummi bears and he goes all "Nyeh, screw you and your white gummis!" we don't get much done, but when we tackle that package, between the two of us we make up the spectrum perfectly. It's a really stupid metaphor but we joke about it a lot, because that's how it is in every aspect of our relationship, honestly.

Comment

Can you help me out a little bit about your story?

When Storm said he knew you and remembered you, and you brought out old albums. Did Storm visit you as a spirit? Or were you guys lost friends? If you could just elaborate on that part because it has peaked my interest
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            Can you help me out a little bit about your story?

When Storm said he knew you and remembered you, and you brought out old albums. Did Storm visit you as a spirit? Or were you guys lost friends? If you could just elaborate on that part because it has peaked my interest
            We met each other mutually in the astral, I guess - I used to see him as this spirit that followed me around (it's a form of projection we both use) and we'd talk to each other sometimes in a special place we had set up. We're not sure how it happened, exactly - just that it did somehow. So when I got out photo albums, he was pointing out the spots where he stood unseen and jokes and comments he'd said to me where nobody else could hear. Our memories matched, essentially - we knew secrets about each other that we hadn't even told our best friends or family, inside jokes, private conversations in astral, and so on.

Comment

Yep, we were connected via projections and shared experiences. It might be intermittent or constant depending on literally when, to me she was a girl in trouble, to her I was this looming figure as a guide of sorts. In time we grew to know, feel and share many things from the color of socks, to climbing mountains to things like troubles in the home that went on for both of us. All of this in as she said, a special place, a psychic construct of sorts. When we bumped into each other online it was, very very odd at first lol. We knew each other, had very literally passed each other by for years in a few chat rooms, never really knowing who the other was. Sheer fate/accident/karma/luck/etc got us both in the same place at the same time and it went from there, here we are 3 years later.

Comment

Beautiful way of meeting I think. Clearly you two are by some strange external power just meant to be together. Now thats an interesting love story
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Hey soooo I'm curious....How long did you guys talk before actually meeting one another?
                  Beautiful way to meet btw really thought the story was very special!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                    Hey soooo I'm curious....How long did you guys talk before actually meeting one another?
                    Beautiful way to meet btw really thought the story was very special!!
                    Not sure in which sense you mean, but: Astrally about 13 years; I was 9 when I decided to name the "spirit" I'd later come to meet. Online, about...6 to 8 months. Took us a while to figure out what was going on, honestly - and once we did it took I think about 4 months of careful planning for me to make the 1200 mile move to Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
                      Not sure in which sense you mean, but: Astrally about 13 years; I was 9 when I decided to name the "spirit" I'd later come to meet. Online, about...6 to 8 months. Took us a while to figure out what was going on, honestly - and once we did it took I think about 4 months of careful planning for me to make the 1200 mile move to Michigan.
                      it does sound like a really awesome way to meet!! i was fascinated by your story yes, i did mean online, sorry i should have been more specific with my question
                      astrally 13 years...you must feel like you've known each other all your lives...fascinating!!
                      Blessings to the both of you

Comment

It has been one , rocky but interesting trip yes.

Comment

Working...
                        X