Heart of Faerie Oracle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart of Faerie Oracle

My friend bought me these cards and I have to say they are the most beautiful cards I have ever seen, I am seriously so amazed by them. Feel way more connected with these than with the Osho Zen cards I have.

What have been peoples experiences with cards being gifted to them vs buying your own?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Heart of Faerie Oracle

Well I think that the Heart of Faerie Oracle is definitely a set that I want to own. I don't think that if I buy them for myself I will get less enjoyment out of it than if it was given to me. I don't think it's bad luck though I only have one deck of cards (that I bought myself) and I haven't had any problems with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Celliehwyn View Post
      Well I think that the Heart of Faerie Oracle is definitely a set that I want to own. I don't think that if I buy them for myself I will get less enjoyment out of it than if it was given to me. I don't think it's bad luck though I only have one deck of cards (that I bought myself) and I haven't had any problems with them.
      Yeah I bought my first deck and I never had any problems either.
      There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

Oh! I love the Heart of Faerie oracle deck! It's the only deck I use frequently, and the artwork is absolutely fantastic! It's really nice for some short readings, I must say. It could just be me, but it's not really adapted for a 6+ card reading.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
          Oh! I love the Heart of Faerie oracle deck! It's the only deck I use frequently, and the artwork is absolutely fantastic! It's really nice for some short readings, I must say. It could just be me, but it's not really adapted for a 6+ card reading.
          I find my one card readings seem to be more precise and powerful than when I try to pull 3 cards or something like that.

William Wordsworth

Comment

I've never had problems connecting to decks that I've bought for myself, but I also have "ceremonies" for new decks to attune them.... if that made sense... sometimes when I'm tired my brain strings words together and I'm not sure they actually made any kind of logical sense.. but whatever!

Comment

I had a very interesting experience recently.~ I was hanging out/shopping with a fabulous friend of mine and we went into a rather upscale pagan shop in a little town called Sebastopol. We ended up looking at the tarot decks and the Heart of Faerie Oracle, in particular, and I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't really afford them at the time - they were about $35, which is more than I'd usually spend on nonessentials - and my friend said something along the lines of "Don't worry about it, they'll find their way to you eventually."
              Here's where it gets interesting: I went out for a drive with another friend, who actually introduced me to the first, and we stopped in Geyserville for lunch. On a whim, we decided to go into the local book shop and, lo and behold, there they were on sale for significantly less than half of what they were charging at the other place so I now have my very own set.

The best bit is that, when I got them home, I decided to blindly draw a few cards out of the deck that called out to me the most and the ones I drew turned out to be impressively relevant to what's going on in my life right now.

Comment

Yay, that's exciting! I love when things work out that way.

Comment

I'm very picky about my Tarot cards, right down to the smell & texture, so I prefer to buy my own. When people give me cards, they usually end up in my 'collection'. It's a nice gesture, and it's always appreciated, but they just never seem to get much use.

I actually had to go to eBay to find an old (circa 1971) Rider Waite deck because the new ones have funky-feeling lamination. They're too slickery, and my first deck which went off to unknown whereabouts had more of a matte texture.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    I actually had to go to eBay to find an old (circa 1971) Rider Waite deck because the new ones have funky-feeling lamination. They're too slickery, and my first deck which went off to unknown whereabouts had more of a matte texture.
                    I have the new Rider Waite and I kind like the lamination because it keeps them safer. After enough use they rough up so it doesn't feel like holding plastic. The slickery feeling is an irritatingly unnatural feeling. It's my first deck and my only one so I'm probably a little prejudice toward it. They had this manufactured processed smell too but keeping them with my herbs and incense solved that. I've been trying to make my own but just getting the artwork done is a lot of work. I've been meaning to get a new deck but there's no where nearby that sells anything really good and I have no way to order online yet.
                    Circe

Comment

I've got both brain froud's faerie oracle deck and a dragonfae oracle deck and neither seem to get much use. I prefer traditional tarot cards over oracle decks.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      I have the new Rider Waite and I kind like the lamination because it keeps them safer. After enough use they rough up so it doesn't feel like holding plastic. The slickery feeling is an irritatingly unnatural feeling. It's my first deck and my only one so I'm probably a little prejudice toward it. They had this manufactured processed smell too but keeping them with my herbs and incense solved that. I've been trying to make my own but just getting the artwork done is a lot of work. I've been meaning to get a new deck but there's no where nearby that sells anything really good and I have no way to order online yet.
                      trust me, I feel ya on that whole making your own part. If I remember correctly I'm only 5 cards in with just the outline only because its super detailed >_<
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X