This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat schedule and info

(Originally posted by DR, from pre-crash cache...I would have let her repost it, but I figure she is busy moving at the moment!)

The Schedule:

While members are welcome to use the chat room at any time, we have three different themed chat days which I (DR) run for the board, one of which has two times. They are as follows:

Tuesdays: Chat Q&A, 9pm EST (North American East Coast)

Q&A nights are a chance for a particular member or group of members to explain their beliefs and answer questions about their faith. In the past we have had sessions discussing Wicca, Heathenism, Shamanism, and Kemeticism, just to name a few paths.

1st Tuesday: Heathen or Wiccan
    2nd: Kemetic or Hellenism
    3rd: Ecclectic
    4th: General Chat

Sunday: General Chat, 2pm EST (7pm GMT)

1st Sunday: A topic, TBA, each month
    2nd: Writer's Guild
    3rd: Workshop
    4th: Cook's Guild
    Last edited by Dez; 07 Feb 2011, 17:42.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: CHAT SCHEDULE AND INFO

TIME ZONE MAPS!!

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Chat Etiquette

Entering and Leaving
      It's generally considered good manners to say hello when you first enter chat, and say goodbye when leaving.

Patience
      Especially when we only have one or two people answering questions on a Q&A Night, it might take a little while for them to respond. Other members will help make sure everyone's questions get answered!

Remain Polite and Non-Judgmental
      While you might have a lot of experience behind a keyboard, not all of our members do! When chat is in full swing, it can be a little overwhelming to someone not used to the format. Use the same forms of courtesy that you would in a face-to-face encounter.

In type, personal senses of humor do not always translate, either. Things like sarcasm are notoriously difficult to translate without facial expressions, especially if one of the people communicating is not a native English speaker! A little time and patience and a couple of extra questions to clarify can go a long way.

All Forum Rules Still Apply In The Chat Room. No exceptions.

If, at any time, another user makes you feel uncomfortable in the chat room, please contact me, or an online Admin or Mod, and we will be happy to resolve the issue.
      sigpic

Comment

We could have regular chats if people really wanted to...right now my priority is just getting the schedule figured out again.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Is my chat q and a on hold for now? I am confused.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=88.msg1895#msg1895 date=1286929853]
            Is my chat q and a on hold for now? I am confused.
            [/quote]

Currently trying to get that sorted :P

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=88.msg1898#msg1898 date=1286930547]
              Currently trying to get that sorted :P
              [/quote]
              Tis ok. I can wait. Satan can wait...all night long......hehehehehe
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ok, given the success of chat last night, I'd say it's officially on!

We're all systems go from here, people. I'm locking this so it can remain a FAQ, and starting a running thread for chat.

Comment

Re: Chat schedule and info

I have just adjusted this to the new, simplified, schedule. Take a look at the top post, please!

Comment

Re: Chat schedule and info

I took the liberty of creating a Google Calendar for the scheduled chat sessions for those who use GC and would like to add it to their own calendars on GC or just to keep track of when everything is!

If you already have Google Calendar, just subscribe to this calendar and it will show up on yours. It will show it in your local time, assuming you have your calendar set to your time zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X