Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Necromancy

Hello all

For those who practice Necromancy can you explain what it is all about. I do note that there are some necromancy elements in my practice. Invoking different spirits and making allies is always good spiritually and politically heh. What books can you recommend one to read on this?

Thanks

Ong Thung Thunoraya Nama
    Om Namah Shivaya

Re: Necromancy

Invoking spirits to perform magic is a form of theurgy, necromancy is specifically divination using the dead.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I practice necromancy. Necromancy technically refers only to divination but these days is used more as the catch all for the area of death magic. Formal death magic is based on the principle of the manipulation of death essence. Summoning in necromancy only deals with shades, infernal spirits and reapers any other kind of summoning isn't necromancy. Death magic is a diverse area with many different aspects but generally can be considered a branch of magic which deals with the manipulation of death energies. There was a wonderful site called ars falcus which was one of the largest guidebooks for necromancy but it's since been shut down. It actually looks like the site creator is still active and about. Try searching google for "ars falcus" and you should find some decent articles. It's also worth noting that there's many different variations of death magic and this is just the one that I'm most familiar with and is by no means the only way to practice necromancy.
      Circe

Comment

Books by Leilah Wendell (Our name is Melancholy- it's a story about her relationship with Azrael, she also has the Necromancy Ritual Book).

Blood Magic Volume 1 by Sorceress Cagliastro

The Twilight Path by Michelle Belanger

Speak with the Dead by Konstantinos

Honoring Death by S. Connolly

These are the necromancy books I have read on the subject, others that I have heard about but not read are 'The Witches Book of the Dead' and 'The Forbidden Art'. Necromancy has always fascinated me for some reason.

Comment

Thank you all. I purchased the book 'The Twilight Path'. I look forward to studying it and maybe integrate it into my Aghori practices (which are already have elements of necromancy).

Om Namo Bhagavati Rudraya

Comment

Working...
          X