Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pythagorean Illumination (also described in ebooks free until about July 6, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pythagorean Illumination (also described in ebooks free until about July 6, 2013)

Monadologie) etc.

The modern group of Illuminists said earlier on their Facebook page "To celebrate the birthday on July 1 of Gottfried Leibniz, the greatest genius in human history and founder of the modern Illuminati and modern Illuminism, we are making freely available all the titles in the God Series of books (which explains Illuminism) on Amazon Kindle for five consecutive days." They are at Mike Hockney's Amazon.com author page (further down.)

I consider them the most important modern books ever written, because they give a purely mathematical model of the mind, and a purely mathematical physics theory as an alternative to m-theory (which is a new 'Atomism,' so not Platonist in the context of modern Atomism,) etc. The books have an autotheist polytheist view and describe some of the reasonable ideas about panentheism, at least in the context of Jungian & probably Transpersonal psychology, as well as Parapsychology.

Illumination is in favour of equal opportunity, 'social capitalism,' positive liberty, positive freedom, and Plato's model of society that he called aristocracy, but since the meaning changed, is now called meritocracy, so Illumination is of course rather against negative liberty & negative freedom and the associated free-market capitalism, as well as being against Communism and other totalitarianism such as is condoned, commanded, and described as being carried out in the Abrahamic texts. Illumination is also in favour of the ideas of Rousseau.

If anyone has any questions about this ancient & modern paganism or wants to discuss it, feel free to reply. I am not a formal member but have read all their public work (at least Pythagoras, Plato, Hermetism, etc., and stuff published this century.)

Because of the title, this would sort of fit under Hellenismos, but it incorporates later ideas such as what I described, and of course German idealism, as I had mentioned in other posts.
    Last edited by demon; 02 Jul 2013, 05:02.

Re: Pythagorean Illumination (also described in ebooks free until about July 6, 2013)

Thanks for the links. I've downloaded all that I could. There seem to be three of his books that are still listed as 3.99 and one listed for Free for Amazon Prime members only. The rest are free. They all have high marks so it'll be nice to have something to read.

Thanks again.
    There once was a man who said though,
    It seems that I know that I know,
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,
    When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Working...
    X