X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian Recipe Ideas

Anybody have any good ones?

I've decided to go vegetarian soon, but I want to have some fall-back recipes first!

Re: Vegetarian Recipe Ideas

I have tons - what sort of thing are you looking for? I never got into those tofu-based meat substitute meals much, but I used to subscribe to Vegetarian Times magazine and cut out recipies and tape them into a notebook.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Idk, anything really.

Comment

I'm vegetarian, and have a gold mine of recipes, but you'll have to wait a bit till I'm done the work day.

Mostly art.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

That.
            Sounds.
            Amazing!

I have to make it and then tell you how it is!

Comment

Look at any 'ethnic-y' books. They are usually vegetarian.

for good simple vegetarian recipes this book is the best in the world

her main book is also amazing.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Here's a quick link dump:

Healthy Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Drops made with all natural peanut butter and Greek yogurt make a tasty, high-protein snack or dessert.

Recipe: maple miso tofu Winter went out like a cuddly little kitten last week. The last day of winter was warm, sunny, and so pleasant that I left the deck door open for Kaweah to come and go, which she loves to do.

Before Radd and I had kids, there would be nights that we weren’t able to have dinner together.  School, work, and friends sometimes just got in the way of sitting down for a full meal with e…

Another website that's great to use to look up veggie recipes (or anything at all) is Foodgawker. It shows you pictures!

Mostly art.

Comment

Omfgs Anything with paneer is absolutely amazing.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

There some more right here in this section of the board (PF Cookbook), including another of mine I'd posted some time back, "Baked Stuffed Eggplant".
                    sigpic

Comment

Corn Bread Sticks
                      You can find a cast-iron mold shaped like little ears of corn in kitchen supply shops. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.1 cup flour
                      1/2 cup corn meal
                      1/4 cup of sugar
                      3/4 teaspoon salt
                      2 teaspoons baking powder
                      2 eggs
                      1 cup milk
                      1/4 cup shortening

Sift dry ingredients together, add eggs, milk, and shortening, and beat until smooth. Pour into molds and bake for 20-25 minutes

Comment

Vegetarian curries are awesome - any of the veggies you'd normally stew will work, but some great ones are:
                        Sweet potato (kumara), chickpeas, lentils, mushrooms, carrots, eggplant, spinach/Asian greens, chopped, pumpkin.
                        Coconut cream or milk will make it creamy without dairy.
                        I usually use a curry base, and add additional herbs and spices - basil, coriander, star anise, turmeric and cumin. Stew for as long as you like, and serve on brown rice!
                        Good for clearing out the veggie drawer in the fridge, just about anything goes in.
                        Raw cucumber and sour greek yogurt is a nice side, particularly if you make it spicy.

Comment

"Laurel's Kitchen" is a sort of classic intro to vegetarianism cook book. Simple tasty recipes and some nutrition info too.

Being vegetarian is a lot easier than most people realize. Any kind of stew, curry or casserole can be made vegetarian with no problem.

Plus there are a zillion tasty veggie things on their own.

We had awesome lentil burgers (made from scratch) for the 4th of july.

Beans and grain may make you gassy at first (keep beano and gas x on hand) but your body should get used to them after eating them for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Threshold View Post
                            Being vegetarian is a lot easier than most people realize. Any kind of stew, curry or casserole can be made vegetarian with no problem.
                            While this is true, I just wanted to post the caution that just taking the meat out of something does not make it a vegetarian 'meal'. Vegetarians need to be extremely careful to incorporate enough protein and iron sources in their diet. While a meatless casserole is vegetarian 'food', without replacement protein somewhere it is not a 'meal'.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              While this is true, I just wanted to post the caution that just taking the meat out of something does not make it a vegetarian 'meal'. Vegetarians need to be extremely careful to incorporate enough protein and iron sources in their diet. While a meatless casserole is vegetarian 'food', without replacement protein somewhere it is not a 'meal'.
                              Agreed.

I've recently shifted back into a more meatless diet (not entirely, but almost), and one of my go-to proteins is eggs. I am of the opinion that an unfertilized egg is not meat. Greek yogurt is another good one, and cottage cheese. For iron, its potatoes, dark chocolate, eggs (again) and leafy greens.

Comment

Working...
                              X