Life on a bicycle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life on a bicycle.

It's hot this summer on the east coast of the U.S, and somewhere there's an incredibly happy, sweaty, bearded, burly man out there happy as can be. I gave up driving to work and picked up a bike about three months ago, and since then I've ridden my bike to do pretty much everything, from visiting friends, to buying groceries, and I've never felt more free, and connected with the world around me. The smell of summer, something I thought was lost to a young boy a long time ago, waiting there, just where I left it, waiting for me to slow down just a bit and find it right where it had been left. The sounds of Night after a long days work, clearing my mind to the sounds of snapping branches, bats screaming not far above, romantic frogs beckoning their next best mate, and the soft hum of my chain rushing through the gears, and my tires rubbing the old cracking road. The wind picking me up emerging from the tree line wisping my wild curly hair all around as it burst from the confines of my helmet, and the hot summer sun warming my my skin as I go, and the rain. Don't even get me started on the rain.

I thought this feel somewhere between hobbies and rants, so here you go.

Re: Life on a bicycle.

Good for you! I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much!

Comment

Clemens! I wish I could be as happy as you about getting rained on while cycling! I got rained on during my commute home from work... rode right into. >.< Then, last week I stacked it avoiding pedestrians down a steep hill. Hurt my shoulder pretty badly. However, I still really love it and I want to get back into it when I get my bike fixed/get a new one. I do think of it as a great way to slow down. My journey to and from work includes cycling along the riverside path. It's very calming early in the morning. A lovely way to start the day.

Comment

Congrats, and welcome to the wonderful world of biking for transportation. May you love it over the long term (I think you will, especially since you'll save so much money on gas!)

Comment

Working...
        X