Spirit animal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirit animal.

Hi all, just wanted to say hello as I'm new here. Also I would like to apologize if this topic is in the wrong place, but I couldn't see anywhere else to put it.

Moving on, I just did some meditation, and wanted to learn more about my spirit animal. This is what happened.

I was in a room with a glass wall and a door. Through the glass I could see a vast desert stretching out and disappearing into the distance. This desert transformed itself into a forest much like the huge forests in Alaska. As I stepped through the door, i followed a trail along a stony beach with a beautiful clear river to my left. I stopped for a while to look in the shallows. As I walked, I decided to take a path into the forest, and at this point a huge golden eagle flew over head. I followed the path and came to a clearing. There was tall grass and small purple flowers. I sat down on a bed made of hay, and almost immediately, a bear cub came bounding about into the clearing. There was a mother bear off in the distance which seemed a little weary.

The cub was very hyper active and was jumping about, playing and chasing after butterflies. I finally managed to speak with him, and he said his name was Kimba. I looked into his eyes and he told me to be patient. The bear cub then joined his mother and they left.

I was just wondering what this all means. I am having a very hard time with things at the moment. I think im suffering from depression and I drink a lot which I think is the result of my tour of duty in afghanistan. On top of that, I am having a hard time finding work and things are not good between my girlfriend and I, as she is moving up country to attend university.

I cant help feel that both bears represent something within me, (what about the eagle?) and so I would love some insight if at all possible.

Re: Spirit animal.

In these situations, it's important to remember that the interpretation is usually up to you, but I'll give it a go.

You say you can see the desert through the glass panes of the wall. This could very well mean that you are feeling trapped behind glass, unable to reach out and touch what is right there in front of you, and that what's there is a desert anyways: dry, unpleasant, wasting away. But then, it starts to change, and turns into a beautiful forest. Life is coming back, good things are happening and everything is altering. The river could represent purification. The eagle flying above you could represent freedom, and its golden color could represent becoming prosperous in some field of your life. The bear cub obviously had a message for you, as he told you you should be patient.

I would say, my friend, that this likely means that wonderful things are on the horizon for you, and that life is gonna get a whole hell of a lot better if you just hang in there and have faith in that.

Comment

I have to ask how do you define the notion of a "Spirit Animal"?

The procedure you describe does not match any culture that utilizes _____ Animals, totems, guides, etc as a means of receiving or encountering ones _____ Animal that I am aware of. Nor would most of them even consider a singular meeting and consider that sufficient grounds to state ______ is any sort of ____ Animal to them. Let the ______ represent a spirit animal, totem animal, guide animal, power animal, family charge or crest animal, etc. Especially given that by your account there is no one on one relationship to any of those creature's you identify so you've not been attacked, touched, gifted, suckled or anything like that to suggest you've been chosen by any of those creatures.

In many ways I agree with Poshi's analysis of this as a dream message and each aspect holding certain meanings within your own symbology of things. In that regard you really have to define what each aspect represents to you as the one who viewed it. While there is a certain global identification of many mindscape symbols the final identification is always defined by the person who experienced it and what it suggests to them.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I think it means that you have a true heart. Animals know who and who is not of true compassionate nature. You are very lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X