X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego

I have a Lego habit.

In particular, I like to build tiny trucks.

I have some pics over here
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Re: Lego

I used to organize all my legos as a kid. I had lego OCD. heehee :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Moon Wolf View Post
      I used to organize all my legos as a kid. I had lego OCD. heehee :-)
      I still do... by size, shape and color.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
        I have a Lego habit.

In particular, I like to build tiny trucks.

I have some pics over here
        OMGs! Those are awesome! I love the log-hauler The little details are the best, too, like the battery case & the fuel tanks - and smokestacks, squeee!

(My dad was a trucker & I'm still daddy's little girl at heart, lol).
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          OMGs! Those are awesome! I love the log-hauler The little details are the best, too, like the battery case & the fuel tanks - and smokestacks, squeee!

(My dad was a trucker & I'm still daddy's little girl at heart, lol).
          That reaction made my day.

The log truck is probably my favorite, just because of the little details in it (even though I cheated and used real wood for the logs, rather than Lego)... the spare tire, the grill guard, the green and black paint job, the day cab... I love the little logger. Lots of details to find.

I also really like the lowered, red and black extended sleeper rig, just because it is so different from the others. I have a matching enclosed trailer planned for it. I think its going to be cool when I'm done with it.

But, for overall aesthetics, the red rig with the reefer trailer is my favorite.

I also have a grain trailer planned for the white truck... the flat bed will move to the black truck when I do that... the black truck is currently trailerless, since I have built a triple axle rig for the lowboy, since those pics were taken.

The unfinished blue and white rig will likely become a dump truck... I haven't really decided what I want to do with it yet... I just like the color scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

update: added pics from Lego Digital Designer of the trailers that I have planned:
          Last edited by ThorsSon; 16 Oct 2013, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
            That reaction made my day.

The log truck is probably my favorite, just because of the little details in it (even though I cheated and used real wood for the logs, rather than Lego)... the spare tire, the grill guard, the green and black paint job, the day cab... I love the little logger. Lots of details to find.

I also really like the lowered, red and black extended sleeper rig, just because it is so different from the others. I have a matching enclosed trailer planned for it. I think its going to be cool when I'm done with it.

But, for overall aesthetics, the red rig with the reefer trailer is my favorite.

I also have a grain trailer planned for the white truck... the flat bed will move to the black truck when I do that... the black truck is currently trailerless, since I have built a triple axle rig for the lowboy, since those pics were taken.

The unfinished blue and white rig will likely become a dump truck... I haven't really decided what I want to do with it yet... I just like the color scheme.
            That red & black w/the enclosed trailer is going to look extremely sharp when it's finished. And I just realized - those fifth wheels are functional!

The blue & white could also be a cement mixer...

Now I want to play with blocks My dog would eat them, though.

Comment

That red & black w/the enclosed trailer is going to look extremely sharp when it's finished. And I just realized - those fifth wheels are functional!
              yep!

The blue & white could also be a cement mixer...
              I do have plans for a cement mixer... I hadn't thought about putting it on the blue rig... that might be a good idea

edit: also an idea for an aero cab
              Last edited by ThorsSon; 16 Oct 2013, 21:36.

Comment

Oh, those are awesome!

The hubby is getting back into lego since the kids are getting into it. Phee just wishes there was less girly girl stuff and more boy stuff with "cool colors"
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I used to have legos when I was a kid. My sister and I would play with them.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I used to have legos when I was a kid. My sister and I would play with them.
                    not gonna lie that seemed kind of snarky, like you were making fun of these people for still enjoying legos. I may be wrong.

Also, although I'm not into them anymore (Hands too big for those little pieces.) My nephew is pretty good at them and I enjoy giving him advice and watching him build. It is quite interesting.
                    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                    And planted firm Britannia's flag
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    And joined in love together,
                    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

It's interesting that this came up actually. I'm planning on getting JP lego for Christmas. He wants lots of the stuff and it is soo expensive. Especially in the quantity he wants. So I'm currently on the look out for a bargain. I think he'll be perfectly happy with second hand lego, so long as we give it a good wash first: I've sen what kids do with lego.. *shudder*
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        It's interesting that this came up actually. I'm planning on getting JP lego for Christmas. He wants lots of the stuff and it is soo expensive. Especially in the quantity he wants. So I'm currently on the look out for a bargain. I think he'll be perfectly happy with second hand lego, so long as we give it a good wash first: I've sen what kids do with lego.. *shudder*
                        I'd check thrift stores - sometimes you can find bags of them, pre-washed & everything.

Comment

I'd check thrift stores - sometimes you can find bags of them, pre-washed & everything.
                          eBay, also, you can by bricks by the pound.
                          It will be random assortments... but it is the cheapest way to build up your collection quickly.

Comment

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                              not gonna lie that seemed kind of snarky, like you were making fun of these people for still enjoying legos. I may be wrong.

Also, although I'm not into them anymore (Hands too big for those little pieces.) My nephew is pretty good at them and I enjoy giving him advice and watching him build. It is quite interesting.
                              I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. Just telling what I did when I was little. I'm not interested in legos now, but those who are have their own hobby. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to make fun of anyone.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X