Barrel racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel racing

I love to barrel race and I just got a new cutter horse for roping. I just became the oldest woman on my circuit when Mir retired. She is two years older than me. I can't see me retiring any time in the future. I want to do it forever...The communication between horse and rider is amazing and measurable. You either lose yourself or you lose the ride.

Anyone else cowboy or cowgirl up?

Re: Barrel racing

Originally posted by LaneyM View Post
    I love to barrel race and I just got a new cutter horse for roping. I just became the oldest woman on my circuit when Mir retired. She is two years older than me. I can't see me retiring any time in the future. I want to do it forever...The communication between horse and rider is amazing and measurable. You either lose yourself or you lose the ride.

Anyone else cowboy or cowgirl up?
    I'm not Rodeo proficient, but I'm RANCH proficient.

I cut on a daily basis during culling time.

I don't have a fancy horse or gear but we do what we can with what we have...

Comment

Originally posted by Liandrin View Post
      I'm not Rodeo proficient, but I'm RANCH proficient.

I cut on a daily basis during culling time.

I don't have a fancy horse or gear but we do what we can with what we have...
      Cool. I'm too lazy to cut without a cutting horse, so you do well. I like to just grip and let the horse do the cutting. How many head do you have?

Comment

I grew up on a farm/ranch. During the winter, we ran cattle on wheat land. Used to cut and rope, when it came time for doctoring/castrating.

Also, during the summer, did a lot team roping (I was a heeler) and bulldogging.

But, I haven't thrown a loop in nearly 10 years.

Did get to do some cutting last winter, while visiting family for the holidays, though.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I did a little pole-bending in 4-H but more recently I've gotten interested in draft horses, pulling and driving. No 'beat around the poles' here, just the gentle clop of hooves on pavement, the whir of the wheels, and the breeze going through your hair. And you can take anybody for a ride; young, old, disabled, in a wheelchair, whatever!

Comment

Working...
          X