This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOFTW 01/27/14: Sculpting!

So we can still post in the other one about zendalas. But I'm jumping into another for this week. Mind you I realize I'm posting all the things I'm horrid at. But I've always wanted to try, and so why not?!

Sculpting.

Tools needed:
    Some playdoh or home made play doh. Or that sculpting stuff from Micheal's or whatever craft place has it the cheapest.

Sculpt what? A hand, a cat, a face, a body, a car. Doesn't matter. Just see what you'd like to sculpt. Not just what you think you'd be good at.

I can't wait to see all the hand turkeys.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: HOFTW 01/27/14: Sculpting!

This one I might do. I have some paperclay I want to use up. I used it to make some horns...but there's leftovers.

Comment

Yay! I'm buying my supply of stuff after work tonight

Comment

Not sure I'll be able to manage this one sitting in a hotel room! But I have sculpey at home (... well, hubby has sculpey at home, and he may let me have some).

Or maybe I'll just post a pic of hubby's last sculpture and pass it off as my own

Comment

I'll definitely be joining in on this one. Just have to decide what I wanna make lol
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

So I found this at Walmart for 97 cents.

I'm so excited! Gonna watch some videos on youtube and then attempt to make ze art!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              So I found this at Walmart for 97 cents.

I'm so excited! Gonna watch some videos on youtube and then attempt to make ze art!
              This will actually be harder to use than actual sculpting clay. Since it doesn't harden, it'll be floppy.

Comment

Also, I think I'm going to combine this with a contest on Deviant Art in a group, called "A New Journey" but I'm struggling to come up with something that's not excessive....hmmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                  This will actually be harder to use than actual sculpting clay. Since it doesn't harden, it'll be floppy.
                  Ahh. I'll make it work! Plus I think I'm going to make flowers, so it might do. I found a tutorial on youtube that just uses your hands and a pencil. I'm a beginner beginner. But if I do ok, I'll make a trip to get the actual clay at Micheal's.

Comment

Here's my work in progress. Now it has to dry all the way, then I can shape/sand and paint. Please note, I'm NO sculptor. This is, I think, the second time I've done this face thing. Back in college, I made Raistlin Majere. I think my mom tossed him out because he scared her.

Step one, paper clay and wire mesh armature

Step two: Taking shape

Step Three: A FACE! (Creepy, but a face)

Comment

Holy shizznazz.

*gets on tutorial. I'm just trying to make a flower or a cat. Lol. Awesome

Comment

OOOH! We did this tonight!

Well...we did the last one too, but I forgot to do pics... Chickadee loved the zendalas though!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I just realized someone could sculpt with cookie dough and now I'm hungry..

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I just realized someone could sculpt with cookie dough and now I'm hungry..

lol... You want my peanut butter playdough recipe? Its two ingredients shy of my awesome chocolate covered peanut butter balls recipe (one of which is the chocolate dipping)...

Guaranteed to kill pancreii
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Diabetic Enabler!

Comment

Working...
                              X