X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer repair questions

For those of you that know computers...

Can you replace a backlight for an LCD screen on a laptop (if yes, how hard is it?)? If not (or if its more of a PITA than its worth), will replacing the entire screen work (this is a fix I've done before, so its not a big deal)?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: computer repair questions

Replacing the screen will work since the backlight is part of the screen. It really is a simple fix just unscrew, unplug, and replace.
    Click Meh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haseo View Post
      Replacing the screen will work since the backlight is part of the screen. It really is a simple fix just unscrew, unplug, and replace.

I've replaced screens before--I have kids, lol! I just didn't know if there was a way to just replace the light...which would (hypothetically) be cheaper.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Not that I know of. Its been a while since I brushed up on the construction of laptops, and the world of computers is moving so fast now a-days. I remember in highschool having a pentium 3 cartridge pc and I thought I had the best thing ever xD
        Click Meh!!

Comment

As Haseo said, there is a need to replace the screen for the back light is a part of it.

It will possibly pay off because the other backlight may cause issues, and there will be a need to either call a technician or replace the screen.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

More than likely the back light is hard wired into the screen module,and not worth the effort to replace or repair. Most things are modular these days. The screen unit is most likely "unrepairable" else there would probably be a snap opening to replace it.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes you can. Most laptops have to be almost completely taken apart to get at the LCD panel. In Dell(TM) laptops, it is easy to replace if you know what you are doing.

Comment

Working...
              X