Mystical Experiences Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystical Experiences Thread

A thread where you can leave stories of mystical experiences you've had with the Norse faith. It is not up for debate whether peoples experiences actually were divine, just share your stories if you have any. I have a few to share.

On a really stormy day here in Canada I took a step outside to enjoy the weather and watch the lightning. I was pretty spaced out and relaxed when I focused in on a power line behind my garage, there were two Ravens perched on it sitting not more than half a foot apart. They sat there for what I'd say is all of 15 minutes giving me a cold as stone stare-down and flew off together. Ravens aren't common where I live, and these two felt special.

Another stormy day, snow this time, found me looking out the window at the weather. It was whiteout conditions and I couldn't see my neighbors house if I tried, all the sudden a little black shadow landed on the window sill, it was a sizable raven. I felt bad actually for the bird because it was caught in quite the hard spot, but I didn't understand why it'd land on my windowsill where it is very windy and take the time to stare at me right in the eye, unless it was more than 'just a raven'. It flew off, and the storm ended the next day. I looked for ravens nests but I found none in my whole block, so I'm convinced all the ravens I've seen travelled in from elsewhere. And I never see Ravens often, just on choice occasions.

I have many more interesting experiences, but they tend to have more personal/private tones to them and I couldn't really share them here.

So please, share!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, recently, like two days ago recently. I found Freyr in a ritual, with him apparently being interested in being my patron. It was a dedication/divination ritual and the Inguz rune popped up out of nowhere, and I found out that rune is related to Freyr. Long story short I'm now pursuing that path and already feeling much happier and Freyr-like, although today the weather is more Thor-like
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.