Astral Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astral Projection

I'm hoping someone can help me understand how I may be able to achieve this. All I know is its a way for a controlled out of body experience.

How?
    What are the limitations?
    How far can it go?
    Would my body be resting to where I could do it instead of sleeping?
    or would I still be tired when I got back to my body and require sleep?

I'm sure theres more questions I should be asking but cant think of them right now, if I think of more, I'll ask, but I hope someone else comes in and asks some questions too.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Re: Astral Projection

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=958.msg17365#msg17365 date=1290742588]
    I'm hoping someone can help me understand how I may be able to achieve this. All I know is its a way for a controlled out of body experience.

How?
    How far can it go?
    or would I still be tired when I got back to my body and require sleep?

I'm sure theres more questions I should be asking but cant think of them right now, if I think of more, I'll ask, but I hope someone else comes in and asks some questions too.
    [/quote]

I did some research on this awhile back. I find astral projection very interesting but I have never been able to do it for more than a few seconds without waking up.
    This is the best source I have found that explains it to n00bs very well http://www.outofbodyexperience.info/...-for-beginners

To sum it up though!

How?
    The best time to astral project is after you just wake up. You are very relaxed at this time and it would be easy for you to return to a relaxed state. Also you just had a full night's rest, so your risk of falling asleep versus meditating are better. Essentially the idea is to meditate, relax, go to that zone of between sleep and awake. There are different things to help you reach that state, and signs to let you know if you are getting there, one of the signs is buzzing sounds (the url explains). When you no longer feel your body physically try to move by either "rolling out of your body" or attempting to sit up. Of course the bad part of this is you might ACTUALLY move and have to start all over. -.-

To my understanding there isn't any. However I have heard some things about not looking into mirrors, I can not find any good sources to state that mirrors are a bad idea. I think the general concept is that your astral self might become trapped in the mirror.

How far can it go?
    I am not sure exactly what you mean by this question, if you mean how far away from your body... I have never found anything that says we have a limit.

You should not be sleeping when you astral project it should be a state of relaxation where your mind is alert, but calm and comfortable and relaxed.

Would I still be tired when I got back to my body and require sleep?
    I am not entirely sure. Like I said I have never experienced it

There are many instructional YouTube videos that I found helpful as well. Though be careful with the advice you listen to. I have found some really loony things while researching about astral projection. Let me know what you find! I am still very curious about it and want to have a successful experience with it.
    sigpic

Comment

How? Lol I just got a whole bunch of stuff for my friend about this
      I open my crown chakra through meditation, allowing me to astral project.
      What are the limitations? Ultimately few, do avoid mirrors. ease yourself back into ypur body the snap is uncomfertable
      How far can it go? Not valid
      Would my body be resting to where I could do it instead of sleeping? No
      would I still be tired when I got back to my body and require sleep? Depends on what you did in the astral
      Circe

Comment

How? The method by which one astrals is very personal. Many roads lead to the same goal. For instance, LaidanWillows said that the best time was right after you wake up. Personally, I prefer right before I go to sleep. I suggest reading about a ton of different ways, trying out several, and finding the one that works best, for you. It's like a diet plan, really.. there is no one perfect way to do so, because our bodies are all different. Heck, many already astral, and just don't realize it. Honestly, it's going to take a good deal of research and dedication on your part.

What are the limitations? Limitations depend on your physical and mental well-being. For example, I've found it is very hard to even think about astralling whilst I'm trying to deal with idiots at work, or when I'm bed-ridden with uber-flu. ..or when I was sad because my cat died.

How far can it go? Here's where I sound crazy. I've found that a person does seem to have a sort of range limit, but that definitely goes past the confines of just one solar system. Depends on you, and which sort of energy level you're moving about in. The range increases if you're working in higher frequencies, but a person might not be able to access higher frequencies without practice, so.... yeah.

Would my body be resting to where I could do it instead of sleeping? I wish!

or would I still be tired when I got back to my body and require sleep? Yes. Don't avoid sleep. Sleep is great for you. Hooray for sleep.

Your brain is a part of reality, and, as such, is privy to its darkest secrets.

Comment

Destinations.

Okay, here's one. For those of you who hold with astralling....

Do you mostly go about remote viewing, which is projecting your energies around to view other areas of the physical plane?
          Do you go to other tiers of being?
          Do you use energy work to delve into your own psyche?
          All of the above?

What sort of interesting places did you visit?
          Did you meet anyone?
          Did you have a good or bad experience?
          All of the above, again?

Comment

Re: Destinations.

[quote author=oldeone link=topic=958.msg19369#msg19369 date=1291335959]
            Okay, here's one. For those of you who hold with astralling....

Do you mostly go about remote viewing, which is projecting your energies around to view other areas of the physical plane?
            Do you go to other tiers of being?
            Do you use energy work to delve into your own psyche?
            All of the above?

What sort of interesting places did you visit?
            Did you meet anyone?
            Did you have a good or bad experience?
            All of the above, again?
            [/quote]

All of the above for the first one for me.
            There are afew places I found interesting The Library, a grey city, and a misty eridessent place that kept changeing whenever I looked at it are on the top of the list.
            I've only meet afew "people". I met a woman named Cecilia on my first trip, then some things that wouldn't tell me their names. Mostly good alot fun.
            Circe

Comment

<<<--- still not able to astral project >

I don't know what i am doing wrong!!
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=958.msg19481#msg19481 date=1291362075]

[/quote]

As with all metaphysical feats, it's possible you simply lack a talent for it. If everyone could do it, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to convince the world it's real.
                Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

[quote author=CttCJim link=topic=958.msg19519#msg19519 date=1291382610]
                  As with all metaphysical feats, it's possible you simply lack a talent for it. If everyone could do it, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to convince the world it's real.
                  [/quote]

thats not necessarily true jim, talent is just that that part of your brain is activated by default. (maybe not in singing but thats because of a person's voice being included in that). everyone has the capability, just it may not be possible it unlock it in the same way as everyone else because each brain is calibrated differently from birth.

it may be harder and take longer for some people...

[/quote]

I haven't either when I tried as a younger kid, i haven't really had much opportunity to try lately... but maybe try meditating on it to figure out maybe how to do it for you. or to unlock that part of the brain.

I do have something that you can smoke in a quantity that actually achieves an out of body experience... lots of stories on it online, and even saw it happen to one of my friends. he was fine, it just scared him because he's a very physical person, and he wasn't sufficiently warned to take it slow with this stuff... I'm actually scared to use it in that quantity though and i'm not disclosing what it is because theres too many young impressionable minds here that I dont want to have try it. Because I would imagine it would be dangerous in doses larger than what my friend too.
                  "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=958.msg19522#msg19522 date=1291383312]I do have something that you can smoke in a quantity that actually achieves an out of body experience... lots of stories on it online, and even saw it happen to one of my friends. he was fine, it just scared him because he's a very physical person, and he wasn't sufficiently warned to take it slow with this stuff... I'm actually scared to use it in that quantity though and i'm not disclosing what it is because theres too many young impressionable minds here that I dont want to have try it. Because I would imagine it would be dangerous in doses larger than what my friend too.
                    [/quote]

I would not recommend smoking as a means to achieve astral projection. It is hard to trust the results, considering it might just be part of your "trip." Please, everyone, do not take drugs and think you're actually experiencing astral projection. Plus, if you Do achieve anything, no-one else will believe you, because you were just "high."

[/quote]

I have had some measure of luck teaching a couple people. I'm not trying to show off, or anything. If you have got some time, send me a PM, and I'll see if there's any tips I can give you. I'm sure there's other people in this forum who can do the same thing for ya, too.

Comment

Iv get as far as slipping out of my body quite often (always unintentionally) but its the going that i have trouble with, taking that next step.
                      Also iv ended up in the wrong place once before due to unintentional roaming, so i know it is possible for me to 'go' but i just dont conciously know how to direct myself and experience inm an aware state.
                      Any tips you could share?

Comment

Astral projection has fascinated me since I learned about it in high school, but I was never very good at it. Ironically, my husband who is a major skeptic says he can astral project easily under certain circumstances (he swears that it happens naturally when he's got a head cold for some reason).

I remember being very young and telling my mom about having the feeling that I was floating above my bed at night before I fell asleep. She would try to correct me and say that I was experiencing a falling sensation, which can occur when you are drifting off. I'd insist that I knew the difference and I was definitely floating. It was fun. It stopped when I got older, then I started actively trying to achieve the sensation again when I figured out that it was probably astral projection.

Didn't get very far, sadly. I could begin quickly and feel the vibration as I floated up. But then I would always get "stuck" and couldn't separate at the crown of my head. So I felt like I was floating with my feet towards the ceiling and my astral head still in my physical head. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear things sometimes. If I was interrupted, it felt like I had been thrown back into my body with an unpleasant vibration and buzzing in my ears for a few moments. Not very pleasant.

Anyway, that's really just a long way of saying that I'm no help with this topic. ;D I haven't tried in a few years because now anytime I'm laying down, I'm typically asleep within two minutes. Either that or I've got a dog or cat distracting me. It would be fun to try again sometime though.
                        "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                        Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

lol openhands I know what you mean. Except I ended up having a falling sensation but it wasn't just a feeling... I used to have a water-bed. Before I fell asleep I've felt like I lifted off my bed, but as soon as I became consciously aware... SMACK! right back into the bed... and waves would result.. so I know it wasn't just a sensation... I wonder if that's similar to what you felt. Just different kind of bed.

However I was still attached when that happened, and I did learn to be able to do it on call. Its just difficult that apparently I can levitate in my sleep or near-sleep but I cant lift my spirit out of my body lol.

Comment

I've never managed to conciously astral project and to be honest I've given up trying as , apart from a 'trip', I don't feel I'd gain anything from it. In my younger days I tried using guided meditations but didn't get anywhere. I've also tried projecting from a sleep paralysis state but no luck there either. I'm reasonably certain I've managed it a few times unconciously from feelings that I've had afterwards and I have a running theory that my sleep paralysis may be caused by snapping back into my body but not waking up. No proof of that though.

Comment

I finally had a successful attempt at astral projection this morning. I was able to completely detach myself. I stood up next to my bed, my cat was on the dresser, he looked at me. I looked at my hands, then back at myself. I laid back down on/in myself and woke up. It was an odd feeling but finally a success!!

My boyfriend claims I was just dreaming but I don't think so!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X