This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing

Lately i have been fishing well trying to still getting use to fishing in north carolina. But thats what i have been doing on the weekend i have been using spinner baits trying to catch panfish (bluegill) and some large mouth bass. tips would be sweet

Re: Fishing

I can't imagine that NC would be much different in regards to fishing from Louisiana (where I grew up).

I wouldn't use artificial lures for bluegill - try live bait like crickets on a just a normal old fishin' pole.

With bass, there's a lure called a Rat-L-Trap - not exactly cheap, but I've caught more bass on that lure than anything else. I also prefer using plastic worms with a Texas rig for bass. Top-water lures are good, too, if you can see them feeding on the surface. Spinners are a good choice, though - I probably wouldn't use them if the water wasn't very clear and would go with something like plastic worms or the Rat-L-Trap for murky water.

Comment

As travelling is my passionate hobby. I love fishing, boating, and all water activities to make my tour more interesting and memorable. Mostly on weekends I prefer to go for fishing to nearer fishing spots of my house. My favorite fishing spots in New York City are:
      Baisley Pond
      Van Cortlandt Lake

Comment

Originally posted by Havicbliss View Post
        Lately i have been fishing well trying to still getting use to fishing in north carolina. But thats what i have been doing on the weekend i have been using spinner baits trying to catch panfish (bluegill) and some large mouth bass. tips would be sweet
        I'm just above you in Virginia. What to use depends upon the particular river, creek, stream, pond or lake. When all else fails a night crawler works well, but I'd rather use artificial bait.

Any shell crackers or red eared sunfish down there?

Comment

Guys! Here I am interested to know about your fishing taste. So let me know:
          • What are your most favorite fishing attractions around the world?
          • Which fish species are you favorite to catch?
          • How many times do you go for fishing in a month?
          • Who is your best fishing partner?
          • Let me know about your most interesting fishing experience of your life.

Comment

I like to share my fishing experience with all community members. My favorite fishing place is Phuket, Thailand. I have a great experience of fishing at this destination. At this place you can find a wide range of fish species. Queenfish, is one of my favorite species to catch. I go for fishing only one time in a year. My brother is my favorite fishing partner.

Comment

Originally posted by william pauL View Post
              Guys! Here I am interested to know about your fishing taste. So let me know:
              • What are your most favorite fishing attractions around the world?
              • Which fish species are you favorite to catch?
              • How many times do you go for fishing in a month?
              • Who is your best fishing partner?
              • Let me know about your most interesting fishing experience of your life.
              I've not been fishing in Australia yet, but my favourite place used to be the creek just behind where I lived in Louisiana.

I love fishing for bass and perch.

If I were able, I'd be going 3 or 4 times a month.

My best fishing partners used to be my grandparents. I miss them. And my Uncle. We used to have a blast.

I don't know if I have a 'most interesting fishing experience of my life'. I've had too many.

Your turn, William Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post

I've not been fishing in Australia yet...
                Alex wants to go fishing at innamincka! You'll have to come with!
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Alex wants to go fishing at innamincka! You'll have to come with!
                  Hey, hey! Bring it on!

Comment

Hey, hey! Bring it on!
                    Ill let you know if/when we make plans!
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I've not been fishing in Australia yet, but my favourite place used to be the creek just behind where I lived in Louisiana.

I love fishing for bass and perch.

If I were able, I'd be going 3 or 4 times a month.

My best fishing partners used to be my grandparents. I miss them. And my Uncle. We used to have a blast.

I don't know if I have a 'most interesting fishing experience of my life'. I've had too many.

Your turn, William Paul.
                      Torey! I love fishing for salmon and carp. My best fishing partner is my brother. We go for fishing once in a month because my brother is a doctor and he is extremely busy throughout the month.

Comment

Rivers above the Fall Line west of Richmond into the Appalachians. Smallmouth Bass, red eyed rock bass, crappie, brook, brown and rainbow trout. Every other weekend within a 50 mile radius, twice a year further up into the mountains where we set up camp. Fly rods and utra-lite spin casters. Nothing better than fresh pan fried trout with morels and ramps on the side.

Comment

I like to go crabbing.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            I like to go crabbing.
                            Any size to the blue crabs down where you're at? We go crabbing down in Gloucester and Mathews but are catching less than in years past. Ever go clam digging?

Comment

Originally posted by Atehequa View Post
                              Any size to the blue crabs down where you're at? We go crabbing down in Gloucester and Mathews but are catching less than in years past. Ever go clam digging?
                              I have not gone clam digging yet...we've meant to, but never found someone doing it to learn from. We started crabbing a couple years ago, when we lived in Chesapeake. The kids when up to an elderly couple sitting by the channel and asked them what they were doing, and we got a tutorial on crabbing from them, and we've been hooked ever since---its a heck of a lot cheaper, more fun, and tastier to trade a pack of drumsticks for some fresh steamed crabs! I also pick up oysters at the farmer's market...I'd like to grow my own, but we don't have any waterfront or dock space (maybe I should start and oyster-growing co-op). We find decent crabs down in the Great Bridge area...though I haven't been this year yet....we like to go in the fall and we only take the boys.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X