This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majoran

I have become read about this herb a while ago. It's quite useful. It improves digestion, helps with flatulence. It possesses diuretic and sedative effects. In medicine, it is used against diseases of the respiratory tract and digestive organs. In folk medicine, it is known as stomachic, tonic, and wound-healing herb. With other medicines, it was used against paralysis, neurasthenia, asthma and rhinitis. I know it can be used with meat as well...

So does somebody use it? If yes, how? When I make tea, I put a bit of majoran in a small sieve together with the tea and leave it for a couple of minutes. The smell is unusual, but it really helps.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Majoran

I use the oil because it really helps calm my sensory overload

Comment

I'm used to seeing it under the name 'marjoram'. It's a type of oregano.

I use it for cooking, mostly Greek or Italian, and in small doses. The scent of good marjoram is very perfumey/soapy to me, similar to lavender - and I'll add it to my baths for the scent every once in awhile.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        I use the oil because it really helps calm my sensory overload
        Yeah, it really calms down the nerve system. A good cup of tea with the herb in the evening is very helpful.

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
        I'm used to seeing it under the name 'marjoram'. It's a type of oregano.

I use it for cooking, mostly Greek or Italian, and in small doses. The scent of good marjoram is very perfumey/soapy to me, similar to lavender - and I'll add it to my baths for the scent every once in awhile.
        Sounds very nice! What kind of recipes to you use the herb in?
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Sounds very nice! What kind of recipes to you use the herb in?
          Recipes? Me? Never. I usually just take a pinch or two of an herb & throw it in the pot. For Italian, it's marjoram, oregano, thyme, basil and fennel - and for Greek I subtract the fennel & add mint.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
            Recipes? Me? Never. I usually just take a pinch or two of an herb & throw it in the pot. For Italian, it's marjoram, oregano, thyme, basil and fennel - and for Greek I subtract the fennel & add mint.
            Aaaaah... I see now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X