Throwing pennies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing pennies

Does anyone here use thier own intuition instead of a planned ritual to do witchcraft/ energy work? I have been experiencing a tremendous amount of negativity lately and decided it was time to do something about it. Usually I do a certain same ritual to heal/divert but today, I was overtaken by the urge to use pennies. Weird, I know... I dropped two on each corner of my house and one in the middle of my yard forming a triangle. I then proceeded to drop them every few feet going towards the main road that's in front of where I live. I felt kind of silly doing it but it also felt very right. The last one I left was burried just before the pavement across the street. I went back home and decided to do my normal thing and realized why I acted spontaneously and needed to do that...
    Pennies are 95%zinc and coated in copper...
    Copper is primarily a conductor and it is also a bridge in many ways. It's a good metal to use for a magic wand because of this. Copper can be used to draw away negative energy.
    Zinc is the metal of magical revelation. It appears innocent and ordinary in its physical state, but on the other levels zinc is an extraordinary event with powerful transformational properties. One of the most fascinating metals to work with in energy magic.

Has anything similar happened to anyone? It's awesome how the answers can be within ourselves if we just trust our instincts!

Re: Throwing pennies

I absolutely hold with following your instincts. No details, but things have come to me that I did not understand until years later.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

That's pretty much how I do all of my rituals. I don't have anything set down, except for taking a swig of mead every Wednesday, but instead do what feels right at any given time.

As for the pennies, whenever I go for a walk in the woods or the beach, or anywhere that I feel I might find something that I have a need to pick up and keep, I carry a handful of pennies with me. Any time to do find a little "treasure" like that, I drop a penny. In a way, I feel like I'm giving a gift in return for what I've been given through my discovery. Plus, I never know what sort of "rules" certain objects may possess, so it also counts as "paying" for the item. My mom always told me that you can never accept a gift of pearls or opals without giving a token payment to the giver in return, or else it will lead to tears.

Comment

I get that way with certain rocks i find i will walk pass them (in a hurry) but im compelled to go back and pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          As for the pennies, whenever I go for a walk in the woods or the beach, or anywhere that I feel I might find something that I have a need to pick up and keep, I carry a handful of pennies with me. Any time to do find a little "treasure" like that, I drop a penny. In a way, I feel like I'm giving a gift in return for what I've been given through my discovery. Plus, I never know what sort of "rules" certain objects may possess, so it also counts as "paying" for the item. My mom always told me that you can never accept a gift of pearls or opals without giving a token payment to the giver in return, or else it will lead to tears.
          I never thought of using pennies for this; its a good idea I do something smilar, except instead of pennies, I leave a strand of my hair for thanks/payment. Or if I have a water bottle with me, sometimes I'll poor out some water instead.

Does anyone here use their own intuition instead of a planned ritual to do witchcraft/ energy work?
          In regards to the original question; I believe that all magic is solely done on the intuitive/subconscious level; that ritual is just a vehicle to access that level within us. When I feel inspired to come up with a ritual/spell on the fly, I often notice that it feels very powerful. But I think there's also something to be said for careful planning. The build up and thinking about the ritual beforehand adds energy in another way, I think. But as I'm not a great planner, I do tend to favor the spontaneous method myself.

One of my favorite things I came up with on the fly was back when I was in college, I was walking back to the dorm one day when it was just starting to storm out. There was some dandelions just outside my building. I blessed them with the storm energy and picked the buds. I left them on my desk until they dried out. The flower folded in on itself so just the tip of the yellow flower showed itself. I called them dandelion sparks and I would use them as an offering to use the stored energy for rituals and spells.

Comment

I mainly work from instinct, doing a few planned spells once in a while. But mostly I let my intuition guide me

Munin-Hugin i really like the idea of giving pennies, I usually make a symbolic offering of water (just a handful or so, I always bring a bottle with me )... that seems a bit silly but it's one of those things i started doing because it felt right.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...