This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Erik the Red Day!

Father of Leif Erikson, he helped with the settlement of Greenland, and was a Thorsman, even after his wife converted to Christianity and refused to sleep with him.

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    Father of Leif Erikson, he helped with the settlement of Greenland, and was a Thorsman, even after his wife converted to Christianity and refused to sleep with him.
    The app is great isnt it haha
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Happy Erik the Red Day!

Totally!

Comment

Apparently tomorrow night is Winter Nights, a night to honour the disir and Freya.

Thoughts? Ideas for a short ceremony? Anyone done this kinda thing before?

The disir is something I've always wanted to form some kinda contact with but have never done anything. Also I don't do anything ever and maybe this is a good thing to start on.

And putting this here cos ForumRunner *sigh (
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Happy Erik the Red Day!

Hmmm. I'm not too sure, as I've never done anything with the disir, and have had little contact with Freya in the past. But as you said, there's no time like the present to start.

I currently live in the house where my father grew up, and at one point in time he had made a joke about the old lady ghost that was in the house. Now, while I'm all but positive that he was trying to be funny (since he doesn't believe in ghosts) and I've had no experiences to back up his jest, that doesn't mean that there isn't some sort of older female presence here. My father's side of the family is 100% Polish (or 50/50 Polish/Russian. No one's entirely sure because the borders changed around so much), and the women have always been very strong.

There was a story that my dad told about how the only oak tree in the back yard never seemed to be very healthy. Every time my grandmother and great-grandmothers would cook something that resulted in leftover drippings (such as duck's blood soup, or boiled cabbage and kielbasa), they would dump the remnants out side in the back yard, at the base of the tree. He never knew why they did this, it was just something that was done. According to the story, over the years, the tree grew stronger and stronger, until it is as it is now, a quite large and healthy tree.

So, maybe tomorrow night, I will take a moment to give a few words in honor of Freya and the disir, and after taking my customary drink of mead (that I have every time I so anything), I will pour the last few drops out at the base of the tree.

Comment

Working...
          X