This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Home Project

I've embarked upon a bit of a home improvement adventure. I have a small room that was once attic space but had long since been finished by my grandparents, who previously owned the house. At the suggestion of my wife, I've decided to turn that room into a sacred space, along with a spot for rune working. Part of preparing this space is going to include a series of stones, each inscribed with a different symbol to honor the various Aesir, Vanir, and perhaps even the Jotnar.

If you'd all be so kind, I'd love to hear what sort of suggestions you might have for decorating such a place, as if it were a place of your own. Also, what suggestions for symbols could you make for the various deities.

I've had a large stone with a valknut for Odin for quite some time, which I plan of using as a central altar stone, and just recently felt compelled to carve a small one for Loki as the first of many that are to come. The large one is at least two feet wide, while the small one is 6"x6".
    Attached Files

Re: New Home Project

Were it my space (and money were no object), I'd put in a hardwood floor with an inlay that looked like a compass rose (correctly oriented, of course), and a sunroof. Then, I'd put a shrine for each of the elements in the correct location (built in to the walls). Depending on size/shape, I'd build shelves for books and things into the walls on at least one wall, with a built in reading seat (even better, if there was a window). On another wall, I'd do something like a wall mounted fold out table, for a workspace.

Your stones might make good floor or wall inlays....
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I've surely got some ideas, with using the stone as inlays are part of it. I have been debating on either simply replacing the old worn carpet or laying down a wooden floor. There's a good sized window that lets quite a bit of light in, and there is a cabinet and shelf built into one wall already.

Comment

I've decided upon an idea for the stones. I'm not going to use them as inlays, rather will mount them along the walls in such a way that when I wish to call upon a specific deity, I can take that stone down to place it upon the altar.

Comment

Working...
        X